Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Monday 7-17-23 Di & Terry Return, Battery Box, Puzzle & Games

 

Today's high

We had 107 degrees today. I'm glad I'm not in Las Vegas with the high of 116 degrees.

I feel like I need to apologize to Louise because I was mentally accusing her of giving me a jigsaw puzzle that was missing about 10 pieces. It was the Holiday puzzle of 500 pieces. The other day when I started the puzzle I separated the pieces in the different colors and put them in pans and on a piece of cardboard. Yesterday, when I was almost finished I noticed a lot of the red color pieces were missing. Later I was looking around and found a pizza pan with the missing pieces.

The puzzle box

 

The finished puzzle

 

The poster to help assemble the puzzle

We started the day attending Di Green and Terry McCann's weekly C1 dance at 9:00 for an hour. It was glad to see them back from being on their holiday in California with Robin. They said they had a great time but it's nice to be back home. Larry danced with me and helped me when I needed it. Di called five tips to 18 participants. People were back from the convention in Canada. Di did an outstanding job calling. We had a great time dancing with friends.

Before the dance I decided to vacuum the house. I was vacuuming the kitchen and living room when my cordless vacuum stopped. I figured the battery went dead even though I had not used it very long. After the dance Larry took the power pack apart and checked the battery. He found that one of the cells went bad. These things are not designed to be repaired. The good news is he was able to find and order a new battery pack on Amazon. It should arrive tomorrow.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Easy Street Mini of 15 games. It took me 38 minutes and 40 seconds, which put me in 21st place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds.

Larry and I played pinball in the afternoon. Larry played Medieval Madness, Red & Ted's Road Show, Dr. No and Star Wars. I didn't play well but had fun. I played the same games plus 007 60th Anniversary, Goldeneye and Tales of the Arabian Nights. I played for about an hour.

007 60th Anniversary

 

Dr. No

 

Goldeneye

 

Medieval Madness

Red & Ted's Road Show

 

Star Wars

Tales of the Arabian Nights

In the afternoon we had an exciting delivery. The battery box from China finally arrived. Larry was quite excited. It was in perfect condition and works great. Everything including the wiring is very professionally done. The Lithium iron phosphate battery fit right into the box leaving some room for additions he wants to add. There are already a lot of plug ins. Now Larry is working on ordering other items to modify the box, mainly cooling and charging components.

Battery box with side pug ins

 

Wiring and battery inside the box

 

The plug ins in the front

We have had a couple of hummingbirds visiting us multiple times a day. I try to fill the bowls with nectar more often then usual because of the heat. Today I finished up the nectar so I made more. Nectar is easy to make, I bring four cups of water to a boil and then I add a cup of sugar. Next I stir until the sugar dissolved. I let the nectar cool off before putting it in the bottle. Now the hummingbirds will have nectar for awhile. 

In the evening we finished watching DI Ray on PBS. It was very good. After Larry went to bed I watched Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them from our movie collection. Then I watched a couple of episodes of The X-Files. I ended up doing 18,200 steps, which put me in third place in my group.

We had a great day of doing this and that.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth