Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, February 24, 2023

Thursday 2-23-23 Dayle Hodge's Dance & Playing Games

 

Happy Thursday 

We had another beautiful day with the high of 70 degrees. 

We attended Dayle Hodge's C1 dance at 11:00 for an hour. He called four two couple tips to 15 participants and one four couple tip to 13 participants. He is an outstanding caller and makes the dance very challenging by putting us in positions we're not used to being put in. When we're not in the right place he fixes us. We had a super time dancing to Dayle and with friends.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Two Games Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Klondike and 5 Free Cell). It took me 1 hour, 5 minutes and 13 seconds to complete, which put me in 22nd in my group. I played Angry Birds. 

I played some pinball games. On Theater of Magic I got a new high score of 342,801,660. I'm glad I signed up for the weekly challenge games because I get a chance to play different games. 

New high score of 342,801,660

While I played games Larry continued working on his project. He installed the light controller he received from England. He has started programing the buttons so they flash or light up when they are needed for the game. He has it working for fruit games (slot machines), arcade games and pinball. Using the joystick you scroll through the menus and then push a button to select which of the three categories you want to play, then you are taken to a menu of the games for that category where once again using the joystick you can now scroll through each game. Everything works but nothing is completed. The machine is an ongoing project and it looks outstanding. Larry is having a great time doing this project.

One of the fruit games

 

Another fruit game

 

The menu to choose a game

We watched YouTube videos.

In the evening we watched the next Avengers movie, which was Thor: The Dark World. Afterwards I browsed through Disney and found the original Mary Poppins from 1964. It starred Dick Van Dyke and Julie Andrews. I enjoyed it as much as I did years ago. Then I watched the last episode of the Rockford Files. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth