Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, February 2, 2023

Wednesday 2-1-23 Dance Day

 

Staying warm

Another cold day with a lite rain. It got up to 32 degrees but it still was icy outside.

I woke up to the smell of fresh bread. Before going to bed last night I took a loaf of Rhodes bread out of the freezer to thaw and rise overnight. In the morning it was ready to be baked. Larry heated the oven up to 350 and baked the loaf for 25 minutes. Once it was done he sliced the bread. It came out perfect and tasted delicious.

Fresh baked bread

I attended four virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 for an hour. I only danced four of the tips because Dayle's dance was back to back to this dance. Di called the four tips to 13 participants. Robin showed up wearing a new hat so I and a lot of other dancers went and got a hat to wear. I danced by myself and had a great time dancing to Di and with friends.

Second was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 at 11:00 for an hour. He called five tips, which were two two couple tips of A1, two two couple tips of A2 and one four couple tip of A2 to 9 participants. Larry danced with me. Dayle is a sight caller and does an outstanding job on Zoom and puts the dancers in the right place when they get confused. He helped me a few times during the dance and I was very thankful for the help. Larry helped me also. We had a super time dancing to Dayle and friends.

Third was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour. She is back from her short trip to California. She called four tips to 24 participants. She concentrated on the But/Finish/Replace part of a move. She put us in difficult position to see so I spent a lot of time confused. She will repeat the sequence if the dancers request it. She does very little cueing but she does tell you the formation you're in. I had fun even though I broke down a bit.

Fourth was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore helped Dave call the A2 tips. The format was two C1 tips with 8 participants, five A2 tips with 9 participants and one C1 tip with 7 participants. During the second tip of C1 Dave introduced us to a C2 concept of Crazy. Crazy has four parts. An example of Crazy Dave use was Circulate. If the caller says a 4 Crazy Circulate (the ends circulate, center circulate, ends circulate and center circulate). The caller can fraction the concept (1, 2, 3 and 4). It was fun dancing the concept. In between the A2 tips we did some Trivia. I had a great time spending the evening with virtual friends. 

 

In between the dances I played games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Hard Road Mini of five games. It took me 43 minutes and 42 seconds, which put me in 26th place in my group. I played a little bit of Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends. I also played some pinball.

I did some housework.


 Cleaning the house

While I danced Larry continued working on some games.

After Dave's dance we watched an episode of Death in Paradise. Then I watched The Lion King on Disney Plus. Afterwards I watched two episodes of Rockford Files. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.      

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth