Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, February 10, 2023

Thursday 2-9-23 Updating Passports, Dancing & Playing Games

 

Gorgeous Day

We had a gorgeous day with a lot of sunshine. The day started with the temperature in the 30s and the high of 70. 

Our passports are expiring in May so Larry spent the morning working on getting them renewed. This year the government put the renewal process online but it doesn't work. Larry has tried off and on for weeks to get the site to work and even called the help desk, they are aware of the problems and have no idea when they might be fixed, said to keep trying. Finally yesterday they shut the site down for new users and said you must renew via the mail. Larry ended up filling the form out online and printing it out. Then we took our photos. When taking the pictures you couldn't be wearing glasses and you can't show your teeth while smiling. It took awhile to accomplish taking the photos but Larry was successful. He printed out the photos and put them on the forms. Then we mailed them out from the house.

While Larry was working on the passports I finished reading The Cape Doctor on my Kindle. It was written by E.J. Levy. She is a great writer and the story was super. It was based on a true story of a woman in the 1800's who dressed like a man and pretended to be a man so she could be a doctor. She became an accomplished figure during the time.

We attended Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 dance at 11:00 for an hour. He called four two couple tips and one four couple tip with 19 participants. He put us in challenging positions and we had a super time. He cued the dance and helped dancers by telling them where they should be. For example, I was out of position so he told me to take three steps to the right and not jump on the sofa. Larry and I had a great time dancing with friends.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Hard Road Mini of 10 games. It took me 2 hours, 7 minutes and 10 seconds, which put me in 12th place in my group. I played Angry Birds.

I played some pinball games. I got another high score in Stranger Things, which was 9,314,997. Larry loaded a new game, which is James Bond 60th Anniversary. It's a great looking games and is very smooth playing.

New High Score

We watched YouTube videos.

In the evening we watched Iron Man on dvd. Then I watched The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea on Disney. It was just as good as the first one. Afterwards I finished watching the 4th season of Rockford and started the 5th season. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth