Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, August 11, 2022

Wednesday 8-10 Dance Day & More

 

Beautiful sunny day

We had another hot day of 102 degrees. A little front came through in the afternoon with wind and the temperature dropped just a few degrees. It sprinkled just a few drops.

I attended four virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 at 11:00 for an hour. Larry attended the dance with me. Dayle called two tips of A1 and two tips of A2 with 13 participants and one tip of four couple A2 with 12 participants. We had an outstanding time dancing to Dayle and with friends.

Second was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour and fifteen minutes. Ett called four tips with 20 participants. Ett was back from her trip to Tahiti, she said she had a super time. While she was there she saw beautiful whale and her four day old calf. I had fun dancing to Ett and with friends.

Participants in Ett's dance

 

Ett and the whales she saw

Third was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 2:30 for an hour and fifteen minutes. This week Di danced and called by herself because Terry was busy doing errands. Today was Terry's birthday so we all wished him a happy birthday. Some of the dancers put virtual backgrounds to celebrate Terry's birthday. Robin had candles and Lee had a dog and a cake. Di called five tips with 11 participants. I had a great time dancing to Di and with friends.

 

Participants of Di Green's dance

Fourth was Dave Eno and Dave Hutchinson's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. The format was two tips of C1 with 8 participants, five tips of A2 with 11 participants and one tip of C1 with 9 participants. Each Dave called a tip of C1 and two tips of A2 a piece and the last two tips of the dance they called together. I had an outstanding night of dancing with friends.  

In between the dances I played games. I did some Sudoku games and played Angry Bird. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and the Event: Solitaire World Tour of 30 games. It took me 3 hours, 44 minutes and 25 seconds, which put me in 9th place in my group. 

While I danced and played games Larry read.

After the last dance we watched tow episodes of Doc Martin. When Larry went to bed I watched Chicago on dvd. It's an old movie and I still enjoy watching it. Then I watched an episode of Bergerac. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth