Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, August 27, 2022

Friday 8-26 Happy Birthday Larry & Dumas Texas

Happy Birthday Honey

Happy Birthday Larry.

We had a beautiful day with the high temperature of 86 degrees with a little breeze.  

I made mini waffles for breakfast. Then we put things away and made sure everything was secured. We were on the road around 8:30. Today Larry drove 275 miles to Dumas, Texas. The drive was two lane and four lane highways through small towns. I spent most of the time napping, I'm like a small child, put me in a vehicle and I'll go to sleep. The scenery was rolling hills and prairie. We noticed as we were driving it was getting greener. I guess they must of been getting a lot more rain than we have. We stopped in Memphis to fill the Minnie with gas. Afterwards Larry parked the Minnie where the trucks were so we could have lunch, I made sandwiches.

We have stayed in Dumas at Texhoma  Park many times. It's a free overnight stay for RVs in a paved parking lot. There is a donation box. Each site has an electric hookup, there is a central water station and dump. There is an area for picnicking, play area for children and bathrooms with running water but no showers. There is also a dog park, 2 fire pit areas and a corn-hole game set. There are places close by to dine at.

We arrived around 2:30 and we were the only ones there. Since last year the City of Dumas had repainted the playground in the park and fixed the electrical boxes. The restrooms are still the same. You have no privacy but it does have running water. Today the sink's water was turned off because it was getting repaired. By 5:00 the campground was half full and by 9:00 it was almost full.

We setup the Minnie for the night. Once we did that we turned on the air conditioner. When it was time for dinner I heated up more of the Italian bake that I had brought with us. It's so nice to have power.  

Camping at Texhoma Park

We had just finished setting up when Larry received a phone call from his sister, Louise to wish him a happy birthday. After dinner his mom, Shirley called and wished him a happy birthday.     

I played my games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Klondike and 5 Pyramid). It took me 30 minutes and 44 seconds, which put me in 12th place in my group. Larry read.

I walked around the park a couple of times for a hour a piece. Then I walked in place outside to finish getting my steps. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group. As I walked around I saw the locals enjoying swing on the swing in the park and others walking their dogs. 

Playground at Texhoma Park

 

The swing in the park

Everytime I walk around the campground or park people stop and ask how far I walk a day. When I finish doing all my steps I do between 11 and 11.5 miles. I walk about 3 miles an hour, it's usually flat. When we're hiking we hike about 2 miles an hour because we're going up and down hills.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth