Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, August 21, 2022

Saturday 8-20 Getting Ready For Fall Trip

 

Smile and be happy

We had a wonderful day. The front that came in yesterday kept the temperature in the mid 90s. There was a little breeze. This gave us a break from the temperatures in the 100s. It felt great.

We plan to leave on our Fall Trip Thursday so we started the day out by going to the storage center to get the Minnie. We drove the truck because it needed to go out for a ride. I drove it back from the storage center and it seemed like I was a low rider because I sat lower on the seat. It ran like a charm. We bought it new in 2004 and has about 146,000 miles on it. It's very reliable.

Our truck

While at the center we put on the motorcycle carrier because we're going to take the motorcycle with us. Before going home Larry made sure the lights on the carrier worked. Larry started the generator and we were on the road again.

When we got back to the house Larry changed the oil. It only had 3000 miles since the last oil change but if he didn't change it it would be past due by the time we get home. It doesn't take Larry long to change the oil, the engine was warm so the oil came out fast. I helped him by holding the funnel when he poured the new oil in the engine. Once the oil was changed Larry cleaned up the oil pan. 

Opening the valve to drain the old oil

 

Removing the old oil filter

Afterwards Larry moved the Minnie to the front of the garage. He made sure that the motorcycle carrier was bolted firmly on the back of the Minnie and locked it on.

Next project Larry did was take the motorcycle for a ride to make sure it was running correctly. It ran good.


Motorcycle ready to go on the trip

I played my games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and the Event: Free Cell Mini of 5 games. It took me 11 minutes and 50 seconds, which put me in 12th place in my group. Then I moved on to playing Angry Birds. I also worked on my annual book.

While I played games Larry read. After he finished his book we watched YouTube videos.

In the evening we watched a documentary on Amazon called RBG. It was a 2018 documentary about U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's career and life. It was very good. Then I watched Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. I watched an episode of Bergerac. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.    


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth