Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, August 26, 2022

Thursday 8-25 First Day of Fall Trip - Hamlin, Texas

Hamlin City Park

We started our Fall Trip today. I woke up at 7:30. Larry had been up since 6:00. When I got up we finished putting odds and ends in the Minnie. We doubled checked everything to make sure we didn't forget anything. We were on the road by 8:30. 

We're starting off by gong to Colorado so we are taking the same route as we did last year. Larry thought about changing things up and taking a different route but this route works out perfectly. For breakfast we stopped at Highway 371 Donuts. Today we drove 225 miles using mainly two lane highways. The route took us through and around small towns. As we drove we saw a lot of ranches with cattle, sheep and horses. When we got to Cross Plains we filled the Minnie with gas. It was lunchtime so Larry pulled to the back of the parking lot and we had lunch. We were going to go to Subway but decided to have lunch in the Minnie. I made salami sandwiches and we had chips to go with them. For dessert we had a donut. Cross Plains is about 75 miles from Hamlin. I did very well the first 200 miles, I didn't doze off, after that I dozed most of the way. It's my own fault because I stay up until 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning. 

We arrived at Hamlin City Park at 1:30. There was just one other camper. We have stayed here before, this is the first time someone else has been here. It's a very nice park. All sites are in a grass field with a covered picnic table with power and water. They have a restroom with running water but no showers. The first night is free, additional nights are only $15.00. In order to pay for the additional nights you have to contact the police. Our site is just across from the restroom. 

Once we were plugged in we turned on the air conditioner, it was 91 degrees. Then we set up for the night. I played my games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong before I went to bed. Today I played the Event: Easy Street Mini of 15 games. It took me 46 minutes and 57 seconds, which put me in 23rd place in my group. 

While on this trip my game playing will be limited, many times we will not have internet access which means no Daily Challenges and I won't be playing Angry Birds because it's not installed on this computer. I play too many games anyways. I guess I'll have to read.  

Larry read. 

About 3:30 I walked around the park for a half hour. I couldn't go any farther because it was too hot. I waited until after dinner to walk a little longer. I walked for an hour until I had to rest. Afterwards I walked another hour, this time I decided to walk the school track. I did six laps, which was 1.5 miles. It was a lot better for my feet. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group. 

In evening when I was walking there was a family of four playing in the playground and another five people walking the track. A Mom and daughter playing in the baseball field. I always like seeing the locals using their parks.

Hamlin park playground

School track

Hamlin High School football stadium

For dinner we had baked ziti. For dessert we had a Walmart mini chocolate cake. We had a super day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth