Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, August 7, 2022

Saturday 8-6 Darren Gallina Dance & Having Fun

 

Having fun with friends

We had a super Saturday.

Larry started the day out by making pancakes. While we were eating breakfast we had a pleasant surprise. On our security camera we saw a buck walking through the backyard. When we looked out the back window we saw another four bucks. We usually don't see more than one buck at a time but this morning we saw five. After walking through our yard they went next door to Jason's house and started grazing. They hung around for a bit and then continued on their way.

Hi there

It's time to go

 

Three of the bucks

After breakfast Larry went outside and treated for bugs. 

When Larry finished we went to town to get our mail. We hadn't checked the mail in over a week. Then we went next door to Walmart to pick up a prescription tooth paste I had waiting for me.

I played my games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong before I went to bed. I did the Event: The Hard Road of 16 games. It took me 2 hours, 12 minutes and 11 seconds, which put me in 16th place in my group. Afterwards I played Angry Birds. 

After treating for bugs Larry read.

I attended a virtual square dance, Darren Gallina's Weekly Mainstream/Plus at 1:00. He usually has the dance on Thursday but he was busy and moved it for this afternoon. He called one tip of mainstream with 12 participants and two tips of plus with 10 participants. Darren dances with his partner Thom and they have two cameras setup (one of their backs and one for their fronts). This is great because the dancers can pin their backs and it helps them to be in the right place. Each tip Darren did a singing call. In between the tips we did some trivia. I had a great time dancing with people I usually don't dance with.

Participants in the dance

 

Darren on the left and Thom on the right

 In the evening we rented the third Fantastic Beasts movie: The Secrets of Dumbledore. It was a good movie. Afterwards I watched The Majestic, one of our dvds. It stars Jim Carrey. It's a romantic comedy and very good. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

Relaxing in front of the television


 


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth