Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Wednesday 8-3 Dance Day & More

 

Dancing with friends

We had a hot windy day with the high of 102 degrees.


Keeping cool under the air conditioner

I started the day out by playing games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. I moved onto the Event: Spider Mini of 5 games. It took me 13 minutes and 25 seconds, which put me in 14th place in my group. Then I did a couple of Sudoku games. In between the dances I played Angry Birds.

Having fun playing Angry Birds

I attended four virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 at 11:00 for an hour. He called five tips: two tips of A1 and A2 with 11 participants and one tip of four couple A2 with 9. Larry attended the dance with me. I'm always happy when he does because he helps me to get in the right place. Dayle did a great job of calling and cueing when necessary. We had a super time dancing to Dayle and with friends.

Second was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour and half. Ett was still on vacation and will be back next week. Di Green covered for her. We're getting spoiled because she and Terry dance with us and she calls six tips where Ett calls five. Today the dance had 27 participants. Di worked on Tally Ho in different positions, Triangles Concepts and other moves the dancers were having problems with. Di did a great job of calling. I had fun dancing with friends and to Di.

Third was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 2:30 for an hour. They took turns calling five tips with 10 participants. I had fun dancing to Di and Terry and with friends.

Fourth was Dave Eno and Dave Hutchinson's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. Dave Hutchinson couldn't make it so Dave Eno called by himself. We didn't have any A2 dancers until the last tip so Dave called seven tips of C1. The last tip was A2 we had 8 participants for it and the C1 tips had 7 participants. I had a fun time dancing to Dave even though I broke down a bit. I have problems with two moves: Cross Chain Thu and Cross Chain and Roll. Dave was very patient with me and cued.

While I danced Larry read and crafted.

After the last dance we watched an episode of Doc Martin. When Larry went to bed I watched Iron Man. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.

Relaxing in front of the television


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth