Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, August 12, 2022

Thursday 8-11 Just Another Day

 

Smile and be happy

We started the day off by going to town. We stopped by Walmart and picked up a few items, then it was on to Dollar Tree and from there to Aldi's.

Thursdays we usually have a virtual dance with Dayle at 11 but he had to work so it was cancelled. The evening dance with the Sundancers tape group was cancelled because we didn't have enough people for a square. So no dancing today.

When they were clearing the lot to build the neighbors house one of the subs was using a bobcat to move a tree and he hit our mailbox knocking it over. When we were building the house Larry had the bricklayers build us one of those large brick mailboxes and the surprising thing was it didn't break apart, it simply fell over. They were able to use the bobcat and some straps to sit it back upright but it was crooked and had some damage. The sub and our neighbor said they would have it fixed/replaced. It still worked fine. Larry did remind the neighbor about it a couple of times. Yesterday they were talking and the neighbor said he would get it done. Today a crew showed up, they tore down and removed all the bricks and poured a new slab. Tomorrow they are suppose to build the new one.

I played games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and the Event: Hard Road Mini of 5 games. It took me 39 minutes and 36 seconds to complete, which put me in 21st place in my group. I played Angry Birds. 

After playing games I worked on my annual book.

While I played games Larry read.

In the evening we watched a movie on Amazon called The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. It was about seven British retirees who go to an India luxurious hotel and finds out that its not what it was advertised. It was a very good movie and was loaded with great stars: Judi Dench, Bill Nighy, Maggie Smith, Tom Wilkinson, Penelope Wilton, Celia Imrie and many more. It was a comedy-drama. Then we watched an episode of Doc Martin. Then I watched Moulin Rouge on dvd. It is a musical love story. It was a good movie. I watched an episode of Bergerac. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth