Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, August 13, 2022

Friday 8-12 Back From Tahiti Dance

 

Doing the happy dance

We had a super Friday.

Yesterday, a crew came to tear down the old mailbox. First they completely tore down the old mailbox and loaded the old brick into a trailer. Next they removed the slab, that the old mailbox was sitting on. Then they cut boards for a form for the new slab. The mixed up the concrete and poured the concrete for the new slab. 

This morning the crew returned to finish the job. First they unload the new brick they were going to use. Next they made the mortar. Then they started to build the new mailbox. Before putting the mailbox on the brick, they filled the cavity. Once they put the mailbox in they put brick around it. Last they made a top for it. They first had to cut a piece of slab to fit the top. The gentleman who cut the piece to size had the other gentleman help him lift the piece on top. The crew did an excellent job. 

Mixing the mortar

 

Laying the bricks for the mailbox

 

One of the construction trucks

 

Our new mailbox

While the crew worked on the mailbox I played games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and Event: Easy Street Mini of 15 games. It took me 31 minutes and 59 seconds, which put me in 8th place in my group. I did a couple of games of Sudoku. I spent the afternoon playing Angry Birds.

Larry did some crafting and read.

After lunch we went to town to the UPS Store to pick up our mail and a package, that was waiting for us. I wrote about a week ago that Larry upgraded our cell phone. He had been waiting for a box from Google so he could ship the old phone to them as part of the deal. That was the package that was waiting for us. We also had a pleasant gift waiting for us from my niece Ashley and Chase. It was a bandana Ashley had designed for the radio station she and Chase work at. It's very nice.

Gift from Ashley and Chase

I attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2 dance. She had been gone for three weeks because she took a trip to Tahiti. She had a super time. She called four tips and had 20 participants. She worked on moves that the dancers asked her to. I had a great time dancing to Ett and with friends. The virtual background Ett used was the huts she and her partner Linda stayed in while in Tahiti.


Participants in the dance

 

Ett McAtee

After the dance we started to watch a new series on PBS called A League of Their Own. It had a great review but I wasn't impressed. The language was very bad and far fetched considering it was suppose to be taking place during 1943. The actual movie was a lot better. We watched one episode only. Then we watched a couple of episodes of Doc Martin. When Larry went to bed I watched our dvd National Treasure. It's an old movie but is still good. I watched an episode of Bergerac.  I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.


  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth