Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, May 1, 2022

Saturday 4-30 Camping on Table Rock Lake

Showboat Branson Belle

We had another gorgeous spring day with sunshine. It got up to 77 degrees. There was a breeze, which kept it comfortable.

It seemed like a summer day. People were swimming, boating, fishing, kayaking, bicycling and jet skiing. A dad was teaching his son how to skip rocks. People were just hanging around the campground playing games and enjoying the weather.

Yesterday, when we were driving to Old 86 Highway Park we saw a banner that said there was going to be a tournament on the lake. When Larry woke up around 6:00 he heard and saw a bunch of fishing boats going down the lake.  

A while back we discovered Rhodes frozen cinnamon rolls, they are terrific. A couple of weeks ago a smaller Walmart didn't have them so we picked up a pack of Sister Schubert's. Sister Schubert's rolls were smaller and we are having a problem with over cooking them, the oven in the Minnie is a bit tricky. They still taste good but I prefer the Rhodes rolls, they are more consistent in cooking, they are bigger and they taste more homemade. They are a bit more work because you have to time out letting them thaw and raise.

After breakfast I played my computer games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. Then I moved onto the Event: Easy Street Mini of 5 games. It took me 7 minutes and 40 seconds, which put me in 3rd place in my group of 50 players.

After playing my games I read. I finished reading Guido Brunetti book #17 and started book #18. We only own two more after this one. There are 10 more books in the series that we don't own. Then I'll have to decide what to read next. While I played games Larry read.

While we were relaxing in the Minnie we looked out the window and saw a dive boat in the cove. I talked to one of the gentlemen. He said they were teaching a lady the navigation skills she needed to dive. While he was waiting for the student and the instructor to finish the skill he entertained his lab by throwing a stick for it to retrieve. I asked the guy how cold the water was. He said it's 55 degrees and within a month it should warm up to 70 degrees. He said he could hardly wait because he won't have to wear the wet suit anymore.  

Dive flag to warn there's a diver below 

 

Dive boat

 

Relaxing after a dive

 

Getting instruction

 

Retrieving my stick

I walked around the campground a couple of times to get some of my steps. I walked for an hour after lunch and another hour and a half after dinner. Then I finished up my steps in place. By the end of the day I had done 27,000 steps, which put me in 7th place in my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth