Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Tuesday 5-10 Minnie Projects & More Virtual Review

 

Overcast Day

We had an overcast day with a breeze. Perfect weather for a couple of projects on the Minnie.

The wind was down so we started the day out by washing the Minnie. Larry filled a couple of buckets (one with soap and water and the other with water). Then he got his brushes out. Larry scrubbed the bugs and tar off by hand. He used an extension pole with a brush to wash the Minnie. He did a small area then he rinsed it off the soap. He always starts from the back and works his way around. I did a few Sudoku games while I was waiting to dry off the Minnie. It took us a couple of hours.

Minnie all clean

Washing the Minnie

Scrubbing bugs off

Then Larry sealed a couple of places on the over head. First he removed the old sealant and cleaned the area. Then he put on the new sealant. He wasn't able to get the sealant he normally uses so this was a new brand. He experiment with three different ways to smooth the sealant. He tried Acetone, Mineral Spirits and Denatured Alcohol. He really didn't like how any of them worked but the Acetone worked the best. When working with this sealant you have to work really fast because it sets up fast. He did an excellent job.

Cleaning extra sealant off area

 

Smoothing the sealant

After doing the projects we rested and cooled off. While cooling off I played my computer games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong before going to bed. I also did 12 Classic Solitaire games to get double my points for the week on all my games. It really doesn't mean anything except for stats levels. I did the Event: Solitaire World Tour of 30 games. It took me 1 hour, 58 minutes and 12 seconds, which put me in 8th place in my group.

We continued reviewing virtual square dancing with Dayle Hodge. We danced two dances, one was C1 and the other one was four couple A1/A2. We had a great time.

In the evening we watched two movies on Amazon. First was Chicken People, which was a documentary about people who love and raise chicken. They compete in the largest national poultry competitions. It's like the Westminster Dog Show except it's for chickens. It was cute to see how passionate people are about their chicken. Second was Mystery of Chaco Canyon, another documentary about history of Chaco Canyon and the people, who chose to live there. It's located in northwestern New Mexico. It was very interesting and well done. I finished the 8th season of New Tricks and started the 9th season. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.    

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth