Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, May 15, 2022

Saturday 5-14 Two Year "Zoomiversary Dance"

 

Having fun with friends

We had a gorgeous day. It got to 93 degrees.

Larry started the day out by making cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Then he finished up the Minnie refrigerator project by installing the shelf. Everything fit and worked perfectly. Next we took the Minnie for ride to make sure everything works good.There are still a couple of things Larry wants to do before he puts The Minnie back into storage.

The finished project

 

The plastic piece Larry made

 

The original slot

Over two years ago Larry made a birdfeeder that I have been filling with bird seed. In order to keep the squirrels out of the feeder I have also been putting bird seed in bowls on the back porch. The squirrels and birds throw the seeds everywhere so every night I have to blow off the porch, otherwise we get raccoons and possums who leave a different type of mess. When we got back from our trip I finished up the birdseed and didn't buy anymore, it became tiresome cleaning up every day. A squirrel came on the porch and looked for the food and the feeder. Some cardinals showed up, too. I miss watching the birds and squirrels but there is no more mess.

We had also made a couple of hummingbird feeders and they were filthy. Larry thought we may have to repaint them. He got the paint out and was ready to paint but I cleaned them up and they looked fine. The other day I had made nectar for the hummingbirds. Before putting the nectar in the bowls I cleaned the railing where we put them and Larry replaced the command strips on the bowls and the railing. I then filled the bowls with nectar. Now I have to be patient and hopefully hummingbirds will visit.

Waiting for hummingbirds

In the afternoon we attended a special virtual dance that Di Green hosted, it was her Two Year "Zoomiversary Dance". Di usually has an A2 dance on one Saturday each month for two hours. This month it happened to be her and Terry McCann's two year anniversary of Zoom dancing. She invited Ett McAtee to join Them, it is also Ett's second anniversary. Larry and I showed up with the square dancing tee-shirts we had painted, this was a surprise to everyone. Some of the dancers also showed up with their tee-shirts on. The format for the dance was two breakrooms (one was for 2 couple tips only and the other was for 2 couple and 4 couple tips). The first two tips we all danced together in the 2 couple room. Then there were eight tips in both the rooms. The closing two tips were back in the 2 couple room. We danced in the two couple and four couple room. The dance started with 26 participants and ended with 29. The room we dance it had between 17 to 22 participants. Terry and Di started and finished the dance by calling a tip a piece. In the two couple/four couple room we danced four tips to Ett and four tips to Di. We had a super time. 

Two Year Anniversary 

 

Ett McAtee

 

Terry McCann and Di Green

I can't believe that we have been virtually square dancing for more than two years. Di, Terry and Ett all said they will continue calling Zoom dances for us. Some of the dancers don't have local clubs that dance A2 or C1 so these Zoom dances are the only way they can keep their skills up. 

After the dance Larry worked on a computer project. We watched YouTube videos.

I played my computer games. I played a couple of Jewel games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. I did the Event: The Hard Road of 16 games. It took me 6 hours, 10 minutes and 9 seconds, which put me in 22nd place in my group. 

A few days ago we bought the new Matrix Resurrections movie, this evening we decided to watch it. I'll have to watch it again to decide if I like it or not. The first Matrix came out in 1999, we saw it in a theater, we were amazed and stunned, a couple of days later we went and saw it again, even seeing it twice left you with questions. When it came out on DVD we snapped it up and have watched it many times. Over the years they released two sequels which we also bought. This latest release is also a sequel. Of course none of the sequels were as good as the original movie but they were not bad.

Afterwards I continued watching the 10th season of New Tricks. While watching television I did 26,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth