Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, May 12, 2022

Wednesday 5-11 Back to Virtual Square Dancing & Projects

 

Busy day

We have been home for a week and we're still catching up. Most of our projects are outdoors so we have to do the major ones in the morning before it gets too hot. Today it got up to 91 degrees. 

While I danced Larry did a few home projects. First he removed the cobwebs around the exterior of the house. He has a huge backpack with a plastic container full of bug killer. It's heavy but it saves time because you don't have to pump it up or keep filling the sprayer. He sprayed the eaves, foundation and the porches. Then he treated the fire ant hills with Amdro.

Electric Backpack Sprayer

The motorcycle has been a bit unpredictable, sometimes it runs great and other times it doesn't want to start. Larry thinks the problem is with the old carburetor so he replaced it with a new one. The motorcycle started right up. Next he adjusted the carburetor. Once it was adjusted he took the motorcycle for a ride. When he came back he said it worked perfect. Now he needs to ride it a few times to make sure it continues to work well.


Motor cycle project

 

 
 Installing new carburetor
 
I attended three virtual square dances after not dancing for almost two months. I didn't do too bad. I think dancing with Larry to square dances on YouTube for a couple of days helped me.

First dance was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 am for an hour. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips and had 9 participates. Everyone was happy to see me back. They asked about Larry, I told him he was doing some projects in the yard. I had a great time dancing to Di and Terry and square dancing friends.
 

 Di Green and Terry McCann's dance
 
Second was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 at 11:00 for an hour. Dayle called two tips of two couple A1 & A2 with 13 participants and one tip of four couples with 12 participants. Once again everyone was happy to see me. I had a fun time dancing to Dayle and friends.
 

Dayle Hodge
 
Third was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour. She called five tips with 22 participants. She concentrated on Weave in different positions. When the dancers were having problems she called to sequence again. It was a lot of fun.
 
After the third dance I played my computer games. I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. I did the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 6 games (3 Spider and 3 Free Cell). It took me 32 minutes and 27 seconds, which put me in 37th place in my group.
 
After Larry finished working on his projects we watched YouTube videos.
 
In the evening we watched a movie on Amazon called The Marksman. It was about an Arizona rancher, who helps a young boy from Mexico get away from assassins. It was ok but I thought it could have been better, it starred Liam Neeson who I really like. Then we watched a documentary on Amazon about Queen: Mercury Rising. It was a good documentary. Then I continued watching the 9th season of New Tricks. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group. 
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth