Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, May 14, 2022

Friday 5-13 Seeds Program, Dancing & More

 

 

Today was Friday the 13th. Are you superstitious? I'm not. Today was just another day. 

Larry started the day out by making pancakes for breakfast. 

Then he worked on the Minnie. The other day when Larry took the Minnie for a ride after replacing the hoses and belts he noticed there was a leak. He found that one of the hose connectors was cracked. In reading reviews about the connectors he discovered that when these connectors get old they become brittle and it doesn't take much to break them. Apparently him replacing the hose was enough to crack it. He ordered new ones and they came in yesterday. This morning he put the new connectors on the hoses. He had replaced these connectors years ago but could not remember how to remove them. They were quite difficult to get off and on, he had to watch a couple of YouTube videos to figure it out. 

Next up was the refrigerator shelf. Yesterday he glued a couple of pieces together and today he glued that assembly to the refrigerator door. Tomorrow it should be done.

After finishing with the Minnie he took the motorcycle for a quick ride. He is trying to ensure it is truly fixed and will stay running correctly.

While Larry worked on these projects I played my computer game. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. I did the Event: Easy Street Mini of 15 games. It took me 31 minutes and 15 seconds, which put me in 23nd place in my group. I played a few games of Jewel. 

For many years Larry has been a member of the Home Depot Seeds Program. This is a program where Home Depot provides products to him for free, he evaluates and writes reviews on the products. He has not chosen a product in many months. Traveling and the fact that we don't need most of the items offered has prevented him from participating. This month he chose a electric bidet seat made by Envo to use in our second bathroom. We have a similar bidet seat in our master bath that I love. I am thrilled to now have one in the second bathroom.

To use these electric seats you need a power outlet somewhere near your toilet. Since we had never owned anything like this we did not have outlets installed when we had the house built. Did you know that for a short time in his youth Larry worked as an electrician, this along with being very handy gave him the skills to add outlets. Years ago he put one in the master bath so we could have a heated seat, he later added one in our second bath for the same reason. 

This afternoon he installed the new bidet seat. Once it was installed we adjusted the temperature of the seat, water temperature and water pressure. It even has a couple of features our other one does not have including a built in heated dryer. The seat works terrific. 

Electric Bidet Seat installed

 

The controller

After playing computer games I worked out with Fitnation: Fitness for All. I did the second episode, which was an interval workout for 30 minutes.

In the evening I attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2/C1 dance at 6:30. She called four tips of A2 with 17 participants and one tip of C1 with 16 participants. I had a great time.

Having fun with friends

After the dance we watched a couple episodes of Death In Paradise. Then I started to watch the 10th season of New Tricks. While watching television I did 26,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

 

     



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth