Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, May 26, 2022

Wednesday 5-25 Crafting & Dance Day

 

Beautiful Sunny Day

By the time we got up this morning the rain had stopped. The rain left us with a brisk day with the high of 77 degrees. The sun came out and we had blue skies.

I attended four virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 for an hour. They started a little late because they were having technical problems but once they got started they called a great dance of five tips with 14 participants. They usually have a big screen television showing them everyone on a screen but they couldn't get it to work. They had to rely on their computer screen to see the dancers. Di asked if Larry was crafting and I said yes. She asked if they could see what he crafted. We showed his  Valentine clock and the Double Decker London bus. Everyone was impressed. I had a super time dancing to Di and Terry and with friends.

Valentine clock

 


London bus

Second was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 at 11:00. Dayle called two tips of two couple A1 and A2 with 11 participants and one tip of four couple A2 with 9 participants. Larry danced with me and we were the only couple so we were pinned by the dancers. We had great time dancing with friends.

Third was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour. This week she called four tips and had 12 participants. She walked us through moves, that we were having problems with. I had fun dancing to Ett and with friends. I didn't pin anyone because there were no couples. I had fun.

Fourth was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. This week he invited Karen Rabe and Greg Moore to come and help him call the dance. The format was two C1 tips, five A2 tips and one C1 tip at the end. Dave Hutchinson's dance was cancelled so he showed up and helped Dave Eno call the C1 tips. They both called one tip a piece and the last tip they called together. Karen and Greg called two A2 tips together and Dave Eno called two A2 tips and the five tip Karen and Greg called together with Dave Eno. The A2 tips had 11 participants and the first two C1 tips had 8 participants and the last one had 10 participants. I danced by myself and had a great time.

Get a partner and dance

In the afternoon I played my computer games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and the Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 24 minutes and 27 seconds, which put me in 15th place in my group. I read a bit.

Relax with a good book

Larry spent the day working on his mining dump truck project. He was not happy with the design of the tires so he created his own design. The new design worked better.

After the last dance we finished watching The Good Karma Hospital. Then I continued watching the second season of Tin Star. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth