Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, April 30, 2022

Friday 4-29 Old 86 Park

 

Relaxing Day

We had a very relaxing day. 

It was a hot day, it got up to 81 degrees. We had to turn on the air conditioner and a fan. It was blue skies and wind. 

After lunch we left Table Rock State Park for our next campground, we only had 15 miles to go.

As we were leaving Larry dumped the tanks and I recycled our cans. Their container was designed with a manual crusher that you had use before the can would fit into the container. It has been a long time since I had use a can crusher, the last time was when we were at J-5 in the Rio Grande Valley, which was over two years ago. Once we were done we were on the road.

We weren't going to be near a Walmart for awhile so we had to back track a few miles. We only needed a few things. It was a big store and well stocked. It had everything we needed. Once I put the items away we headed to our next park, which was 20 miles from Walmart.

Our next destination was Old Highway 86. It's a Corps of Engineers park on Table Rock Lake. It's across the lake from where we were. It's a beautiful park with restrooms, showers, playground, boat ramp, dump station, dumpsters and beach. It doesn't have hiking trails. We will only be here for a couple of nights. The sites are large and beautifully maintained, the parking pad is level and our site backs right up to the lake, it is very pretty.

Camping at Old 86 Highway Park

Once we got the Minnie setup for the weekend Larry got on the computer and made reservations for our next park. It's going to be Roaring River State Park. Then we read. I played my computer games. I did the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges. Then I did the Event: Solitaire World Tour of 30 games. I didn't complete all of them because I got stuck on a spider expert one and a free cell experts one. I played them for 5 hours, 21 minutes and 29 seconds, which put me 10th place in my group.

I didn't do too well in getting my steps because I was playing my computer games. After dinner I walked around the campground for an hour and a half. I ended up doing 18,000 steps. I was going to do more but a little front came through with rain. I ended up coming in 8th place in my group.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth