Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, May 8, 2022

Saturday 5-7 Minnie Maintenance Continues & Yardwork

 


Hot Humid Day

It's May and the temperatures are in the mid 90s. We had a hot humid day.

Larry started the day out by going to town to pick up the rest of the parts and items he needed to finish a maintenance project on the Minnie. He also bought breakfast at Top Donuts.

When I woke up I was surprised, Larry had already gone to town and had breakfast ready for me. What a guy!!!

After breakfast Larry finished replacing the Minnie's hoses, belts and thermostat. He needed my help in putting on one of the belts, he held a spring loaded tensioner back while I put the belt around the pulleys. Yesterday while working on the Minnie he also drained and flushed the cooling system, this required him to crawl around on his back underneath the Minnie to remove and then reinstall a couple of engine drain plugs, not easy. Today he didn't need to get underneath. He filled the radiator with new antifreeze and distilled water. Larry finished the project by lunchtime.

After lunch we went back outside to do a few projects. 

The first project was to mow the frontyard. We have a lawn company coming every other Thursday to mow and weedeat. We have had a lot of rain and the frontyard was getting out of control so out came the lawn mower. I only had to pull the starter cord three times to get the mower going. It ran great. After mowing the yard I got the weedeater out to do some edging. Then I blew the driveway off.

Frontyard mowed

While I mowed Larry fertilized the backyard and frontyard. Then he treated the grass for bugs.

 

Fertilizing the yards

The other day we noticed we had flowers growing in the planter. The planter was over flowing with leaves so I got the blower and blew most of the leaves out. It looks a lot better.

Before cleaning

 

After cleaning

 

We have had so much rain, along with the flowers growing the trees are so green and we have a lot of berries growing on the lot next to our house.

Wild berries growing for the deer

After working in the yard I played my computer games. Before going to bed I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. Today I did the Event: Two Game Tango of 10 games (5 Klondike and 5 Spider). It took me 1 hour, 16 minutes and 58 seconds, which put me in 32nd place in my group.

In the evening we started to watch two different shows on PBS, Ridley Road and Annika. Neither show was all that great. After Larry went to bed I finished watching the 7th season of New Tricks on BritBox. I ended up doing 29,500 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group.

 

 

        

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth