Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Tuesday 5-24 Dancing, Crafting & Rain

 


We had a terrific day. We hung around the house. 

The weatherman has been saying we're going to get rain for awhile and it finally came around 9:00 pm and stayed through the night.

Enjoying the rain

We started the day by attending Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly A2 dance at 10:00. They had 14 participants. They took turns calling five tips. Larry danced with me. We had fun dancing with friends and to Di and Terry.


Larry started a new paper crafting project, a mining dump truck. He worked most of the day resizing the truck. Then he decided on what color to make it and cut the pieces out. Before he cut the pieces he changed out his cutting pad and blade.

I played my computer games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire & Mahjong and the Event: Tri Peaks Adventure of 20 games. It took me 1 hour, 15 minutes and 28 seconds, which put me in 12th place in my group. Then I played a few games of Jewel.

While Larry worked on his paper project I read.

For dinner I made Empandas. I hadn't made them in a long time and they were delicious. 

Years ago Larry read on More Golden Years blog about making empanadas using Goya dough discs and disc presses from Amazon. The presses were inexpensive and came in a set of three different sizes. They are easy to use and work terrific. Normally Walmart has the Goya dough in the frozen food section but finding them can be difficult. Being able to use the Walmart app to locate things in the store can help but even then they are not always easy to locate.

Empanda Press

 

Empanadas

In the evening we started to watching the fourth season of The Good Karma Hospital on Acorn. Then I finished watching the first season of Tin Star and started watching the second season. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

 


Relaxing in front of the television


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth