Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, May 29, 2022

Saturday 5-28 Router Project & Relaxing

 

Happy Saturday

Larry made pancakes for breakfast. He used a cast iron skillet to make them and they came out outstanding. The skillet he used is quite old. It is a square Wagner Ware skillet that originally belonged to his mother. At some point the handle got broke and his dad welded it back on. There are a large number of folks who seek out vintage skillets and lots of information is available via the web. Using the markings on the bottom Larry found out this skillet was produced in Sidney Ohio sometime between 1935 and 1959. We love using things that we have owned for many years. We have had this skillet for more than 40 years and have no idea how long his mother had it. She might even remember where she got it.

Wagner Ware Square Skillet


Markings on Bottom

Larry is going to upgrade our security camera system. Today he updated our router with the newest code. He spent most of the day working on this project. Everytime he does this it takes longer than expected because we have a lot of devices and he has to make sure everything works. 

While Larry worked on the router I finished reading the last book of Guido Brunetti series we have. Then I played a few Sudoku games.

Reading is fun

I did my computer games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire & Mahjong and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 6 games (3 Klondike and 3 Free Cell). It took 12 minutes and 58 seconds, which put me in 13th place in my group.  

The other day when we went grocery shopping we picked up something different to try, a seasoned pork loin with bacon & jalapeno. Today for dinner we barbecued it on the gas grill. The directions didn't say how long to cook it. It took about 50 minutes. It came out delicious.

Before the pork was sliced

After it was sliced

In the evening we watched a movie on Amazon called The Grand Seduction. It was a cute comedy about a small village in Canada and how the locals worked on saving it. I enjoyed the movie. Afterwards we watched an episode of Death In Paradise. When Larry went to bed I started watching the fourth season of Agatha Raisin on Acorn. It's a series about a female private detective. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth