Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Tuesday 11-3 Gorgeous Day at Jim Hogg Park

Camping at Jim Hogg Park

We had another gorgeous day. The morning was in the 40's and by mid afternoon it was in the 70's with a breeze. 

We started the day out by going for another hike. Today, we decided to hike the trail in the other direction. We walked to site 126  on the loop that is closed and went through the trees to pick up the trail. We have hiked from here before so Larry knew, where the trail was. He's a lot better at remembering things like this than I am. This section of the trail took us out in the open most of the time. We had to climb off granite slabs of rock and through a cove,that is empty most of the time. The trail was just as rocky as yesterday so we had to be careful not to fall. I continued to trip over the rocks once in awhile. We had to cross a muddy area, we found some rocks to use to get through the mud. We hiked about 2 miles and turned around and hiked back to our site. We usually hike up to the dam but it was another mile to go, we hadn't been hiking in a long time and we didn't want to push it. As we hiked we saw a couple of guys on bicycles and a gentleman hiking like us. The hike was very pretty and peaceful. By the time we got back to the Minnie we had hiked 5 miles.


The area we hiked

We hung around the campsite and read. Before I read I played my Solitaire games. Today, it was called Tri Peaks Tuesday, where the points on the Tri Peaks were doubled. I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Tri Peaks Mini of 10 games. It took me 32 minutes and 21 seconds, which put me in 10th place in my group. Afterwards I started reading another Maggie Sullivan Mystery, Shamus In A Skirt. The battery in my Kindle was low so while it was charging I played a few games of Sudoku. I walked around the campground a couple of times to get some of my steps in. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which gave me 51,000 steps. This put me in third place in my group with 53,058. 

We had a super day.     

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth