Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Wednesday 11-11Happy Veterans Day

Happy Veterans Day

Today was Veterans Day, where we honor all the branches of the armed forces. Thank you for your service to keep our country safe.

We had a wonderful day with sunshine and the temperature in the mid to high 70's. In the morning it was in the low 50's.

We started the day out by going on a walk. We drove to Crossroads Park and walked the trail around the park. As we walked we saw people walking their dogs and jogging. The walk started out a little cool but by the end we were glad we didn't wear our jackets because it was starting to get warm.

 

The playground at Crossroads Park

    

We attended three virtual square dances. During the dances we wore our red, white and blue outfits to honor the veterans.

The first dance was Dayle Hodge's weekly A2 dance at 11:00 for an hour. We had 28 participants. Dayle called four tips. The third tip was a workshop tip, where Dayle worked on Box Transfer. We had a super time.

The second dance was Ett McAtee's Wednesday C1 Workshop at 1:30 for an hour and fifteen minutes. Ett worked on Pass The Axle, The Axle and Linear Action. I did the workshop by myself. We had 52 participants. Ett called five tips. I didn't do the last tip because Ett wasn't going to cue the tip. 

The third dance was Doren McBroom's weekly C1 Dance at 6:30 for an hour and a half. This week Doren had a small group of 14 participants. He called five tips.

In between the dances I played Solitaire games. I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Hard Road Mini of 5 games. It took me 1 hour, 46 minutes and 8 seconds, which put me in 33rd place in my group. It took me a long time to solve the Free Cell game. I read.

Larry finished his Christmas Angel and it looks beautiful.

 

The Christmas Angel

After the last dance we watched a couple episodes of The Yorkshire Vet. Then I continued watching the third season of The Mentalist. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in third place in my group.   

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth