Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Tuesday 11-10 Just Having Fun

Just having fun

We had an itty bitty front come through at lunchtime, it bought a sprinkle. The sprinkle was so small it couldn't be measured.

In the morning I played my Solitaire games. I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Easy Street Mini of 15 games. It took me 32 minutes and 33 seconds, which put me in 13th in my group.

Larry worked on making Christmas Angels. Yesterday, he made an 8" angel. The angel was ten layers thick, five for the front side and five for the back. He assembled four layers on each side using foam spacers, the top two he glued together. The project was designed to stand or you could put it on top of your Christmas tree. Larry didn't have the right length of Fairy Lights so he ordered them. They came in today and tomorrow Larry will finish up the Christmas Angel. Today, he decided to redesign the Christmas Angel project for the angel to be 4" tall. The size was too small to use the foam inserts so he glued each layer together. The Christmas Angels came out outstanding and will look great hanging on our tree.

 

The 8" Christmas Angel


The 4" Christmas Angels

The two different size Christmas Angels

 

We attended three virtual square dances. The first dance was Dayle Hodge's weekly Plus dance at 11:00 for an hour. We had 30 participants Zoomed in. Dayle called another outstanding dance. He cued throughout the dance and helped when necessary. He told the dancers where they should be when they were having problems. We had a great time.

The second dance was Di Green's weekly A1/A2 Workshops at 1:30 for two hours. Between each session there was a fifteen minute break. Di and Terry took turns calling and each called five tips. During the A1 session we had 37 participants and the A2 had 32. I danced the A1 session by myself. We had fun dancing to Di and Terry. 

The third dance was Don Moger's weekly A2 at 6:00 for an hour and a half. We had 57 participants. Don did some cueing and walked us through moves we were having trouble with. We had nice evening of dancing to Don.

In between the dances we watched YouTube videos. We watched a couple of episodes of The Yorkshire Vet. When Larry went to bed I continued watching the third season of The Mentalist. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which put me in third place in my group. LIFE IS GOOD.       

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth