Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, November 7, 2020

Friday 11-6 It's Friday


 

We had a wonderful day. 

I started the day out by playing Solitaire games. I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini (5 Klondike games and 5 Pyramid games). It took me 31 minutes and 34 seconds to complete, which put me in 16th place in my group. I also played a few games on the Star Club challenges. While I played my games Larry read.

We were going to go camping next week but the high temperatures are going to be in the 80's. We like to hike during our camping trips so we prefer lower temperatures, we decided to take the Minnie back to storage.

We attended three virtual square dances. The first dance was Don Moger's Weekly C1 at 12:00 for an hour and a half. Don had 45 participants on Zoom. We stayed for three tips. During the first tip Don cued the whole tip and when the dancers were struggling he walked us through the moves, this was very helpful. As the dance went on he added more complex moves and stopped cueing. We spent more time broken down than dancing. By the middle of the third tip we stopped because we were getting frustrated. 

The second dance was Di Green's Weekly C1 Workshop for an hour and a half at 2:00. Di had 37 participants on Zoom. She worked on the Galaxy Circulate, Triangles Wave Base Circulate, Square the Bases, Percolate and Ramble. Di called seven tips and we had a great time.

The third dance was Ett McAtee's Weekly A2/C1 at 6:30 for an hour and a half. We had 38 participants. We danced the A2 session, which had very little cueing. We had a great time.

In between the dances we read. I finished reading Shamus in a Skirt. For dinner I made Pork Empandas, they came out good.  

 

Pork Empandas

We hang the birdfeeder up during the day and take it down when it gets dark to keep the raccoons out of it. I also put a small bowl of bird feed on the porch. During the last dance we had visitors on the back porch, the visitors were two raccoons and a possum. When the raccoons showed up they were busy eating the food out of the small bowl, I decided to bring in the feeder so they won't get in it. I scared them off. A little later the possum showed up and ate the food the raccoons left. Most every night we have deer come and visit. We don't mind the wildlife visiting because we enjoy watching them.

After Larry went to bed I watched a few episodes of The Mentalist. I ended up doing 23,500 steps, which put me in fifth place in my group.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth