Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Monday 11-2 Camping and Hiking at Jim Hogg Park

Having fun camping

Jim Hogg Park is one of the three parks on Lake Georgetown. The parks are run by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Each park has a four lane concrete boat ramp along with developed and primitive campgrounds. The parks have picnic areas, group shelters and swimming beaches. The campsites are roomy with a covered picnic table, grill, a fire ring, electricity, water and black top slab for RVs. Some of the sites have a lot of trees, that provide the campers provicy. There is a 26.5 mile bike/hike trail, that goes around the lake.

We had a gorgeous day at Jim Hogg Park. The day started out with the temperature in the 40's and ended up in the low 70's. There was plenty of sunshine with a lite breeze.

After breakfast we went on a two hour hike. We had to walk a half mile to get to the hiking trail. Once at the trail we hiked two miles of the trail, we rested and hiked back. The trail went through trees and had a lot of rocks and tree roots. We had to be careful not to fall. The only person we saw was a bicycler at the beginning of the hike. We had to step on rocks to cross over a creek. The hike was very peaceful and beautiful.

 

Larry crossing the creek

Lots of cactus

A rock formation that looked like a face

Part of the trail

We spent the rest of the day hanging around the campsite. Larry is reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and I finished reading Don't Dare A Dame. I played my Solitaire games. I did the Daily Challenges and the Event: Two Game Tango, 10 games of Klondike and 10 games of Spider. It took me 2 hours, 34 minutes and 45 seconds, which put me in 17th place in my group.

When dinnertime came around Larry barbecued pork patties. We walked around the loop, that was closed for the season for about a half hour. I walked around the campground for another forty-five minutes to get some of my steps. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in fourth place in my group. We had a super day of camping.

 

One of the host decoration for fall

Larry having fun barbecuing

    

       

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth