Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Monday 11-23 Another Home Project

Squirrel enjoying himself

 

We had a super day. It was very pleasant with the temperatures in the low 60's and cloud covering.

Larry spent the day working on our internet speed problem. When he installed the new wireless security camera he noticed it caused a problem with other wireless devices. In investigating this he discovered one of our wireless networks was running very slowly. He removed our current router and replaced it with an older backup, this got everything back to working but he still was not happy with the wireless network that the security cameras are on. He decided to split some of them onto a mini-router that would be located on the ceiling in the garage. To do this he had to get an ethernet cable from our current router to the garage. That meant stringing a new cable through the attic. This took some time. This has helped the two cameras that are farthest away from the original router. In all of his testing he also discovered that the new wireless camera is continuing to cause problems with the wireless network so it will be going back. The backup router is quite old and not as fast as the newer one so he will still need to decide what the longer term plan is but at least everything is working.

I did my Solitaire games. I did the Daily Challenges and Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 41 minutes and 38 seconds to solve, which put me in 18th place in my group. Then I did some Sudoku games.

We attended two virtual square dances. The first was Joachim Ruehenbeck A1/A2 dance at 12:30 for two hours in between the session there was a half hour break. I attended the A1 session by myself because Larry was working on the network stuff. During the A1 session we had 36 participants and the A2 session had 35 participants. Joachim called five A1 tips and four A2 tips. We had a super time.

The second dance was Ken Burke's weekly A2 dance at 5:30 for an hour. We had 11 participants. Ken called three tips. It was an ok dance.

 


 

After the dance we watched the last two episodes of Roadkill on KLRU. It was a good mini series about Peter Laurence (Hugh Laurie), a self-made forceful politician in the UK. Then we watched an episode of The Yorkshire Vet. Then I continued watching the sixth season of The Mentalist. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in fifth place in my group.

Relaxing in front of the television

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth