Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Friday 11-27 Decorating for Christmas

Overcast Day

 

It was an overcast day with a few sprinkles. The high for the day was in the morning with the temperature in the low 60's. During the afternoon the temperature started to drop into the high 50's.

For the last five years we have left on Christmas day to go to the Rio Grande Valley so I haven't being decorating for Christmas. This year due to the Coronavirus we're going to stay at home. Today, I put up our Christmas tree and decorated it. It took me about three hours. Some of the decorations on the tree we purchased 40 years ago, time sure flies.

 

Getting ready for Christmas

We dance six days a week in the living room and that's where I put up the tree. I didn't realize how big the tree was. It took took up part of the area we use for dancing so when we dance we have to be careful that we didn't knock the tree over. 

We attended two virtual dances. The first was Di Green's weekly C1 at 2:00 for an hour and a half. We had 43 participants. Di workshopped Interrupt Concept. This concept is very hard because you have to remember where to put the interruption and to finish the move. The dance was very complex but Di did a good job of cueing and walking us through the moves.

The second one was Ett McAtee's weekly A2/C1 dance at 6:00 for an hour and a half. We attended the A2 session, it was four tips with 33 participants. We had a fun time.

Before Di's dance I played my Solitaire games. The Daily Challenges and Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 6 games (3 Free Cell and 3 Tri Peaks). It took me 12 minutes and 37 seconds to complete, which put me in 13th place in my group.

After Ett's dance we watched an Amazon movie called Uncle Frank, it was about a gay man in the 70's who confronts his past. It was a good movie. Then we watched an episode of The Yorkshire Vet. After Larry went to bed I finished watching the sixth season of The Mentalist and started watching the seventh and final season. I ended up doing 26,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group. 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth