Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Tuesday 6-16 Keeping Busy

Busy do this and that


We had a busy day of doing this and that around the house. 

In the morning I started washing the back porch railing. Every spring we wash down the railing. We wait until the live oak trees stop making a mess of replacing their leaves and pollinating. The railing is filthy and had some mold on it. I worked on it an hour and a half and ended up doing two sections. I need to do another section and the step railing. I stopped because it was getting hot and I was sweaty. While I was washing down the railing a saw a hugh stick bug clinging to the foundation. It was the biggest stick bug we had ever seen.


The railing I started cleaning

Mold on the railing

Mold removed

Stick bug
  
While I was cleaning the railing Larry wrote up his review of the Moen Kitchen Faucet we received from The Seeds Program. We really like the new faucet.

In the afternoon I did my daily challenges and The Event: Solitaire World Tour of 30 games. I got stuck on two games #28, which was an expert level of Free Cell and game #30, which was an expert Tri Peaks. After playing the event for 1 hour, 46 minutes and 59 seconds I called it quits. I still came in 16th in my group.

In the afternoon Larry went to the oral surgeon. He has been having pain from a tooth for months. His regular dentist thought a crown would fix it so back at the very end of January she put on a crown. The tooth was still painful but shortly after that everything locked down due to the Coronavirus and the dentist offices closed. He was finally able to see the dentist a few weeks ago and she made an adjustment but it did not help. Today he had the tooth removed and an implant put in. Now he just has to wait months for it to integrate and then he will get a crown on it.

Normally Larry and I do everything together. If one of us goes to the dentist or doctor the other goes along and waits. The Coronavirus has changed that. Now you can't wait in the waiting room and since it is too hot to wait in the car I have been staying at home. We try to avoid going into stores but when we do one of us goes in and the other waits in the car.

While Larry was at the dentist I cleaned the bathrooms and vacuumed the house. I started doing the laundry. I ended up doing a few loads. What a busy afternoon.


Housecleaning


In the evening we finished watching Grantchester on PBS. Then I finished the 18th season and watched the 19th and 20th season of Trail & Retribution. I did 26,000 steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth