Pictures From Jan-Feb 2020 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, June 5, 2020

Thursday 6-4 Generator Back in The Minnie and Square Dancing

A hot day in Belton

We started the day by going outside to work on the generator. Larry wanted to beat the heat. We spent a couple of hours putting the generator back in its cubby hole in the Minnie. First we lifted the generator off the table and put it on a dolly. The dolly made it easy to roll but when it is on the dolly it is too high to fit under the Minne. We lifted it off onto some 1x4's and then slid it under the Minnie. Larry then used a board to lift one side of the generator while I pushed a wood block under it, then he switched sides and we did it again, then back to the other side, when we had it high enough we put a floor jack underneath it. We slowly jacked the generator up until it was high enough to bolt it back in. Once it was bolted in we removed the jack and blocks. It took a bit to reconnected the wiring, Larry also replaced the fuel line. When Larry tried to start the generator it wouldn't start, he discovered a wire had been disconnected, he connected the wire and it started right up. We turned on the AC and let the generator run for about an hour. The generator runs perfect. Thank you Larry for all your hard work.

We could have taken the Minnie or the generator into a shop to have it repaired but Larry thought he could fix it himself, he had the time and it would save us some money. According to what he read it would cost about $1000 to have a shop fix it. The part cost us about $100. We did spend a bit more on the fuel filter, air filter, oil and exhaust gaskets. In case you are wondering the new model of this generator is about $4200.

Reconnecting wires

Wood blocks

Generator back where it belongs

Installing the fuel line and the exhaust

In the afternoon I did my daily challenges and The Event: Solitaire World Tour of 30 games. It took me 3 hours, 37 minutes and 11 seconds. It put me in 12th place in my group.

We relaxed the rest of the day. I didn't have to water my flowers but I checked them out. Everyday we see more and more flowers growing. We watched our YouTube videos.

We haven't square danced since March 12, because of the coronavirus all square dancing stopped. Some of the callers around the country have started doing Virtual Square Dancing through Zoom. Larry found some of the virtual square dancing on YouTube and thought it would be fun. Michael Dusoe was the caller and each session was about a half hour long. You could see all of the other dancers via Zoom. The sessions were designed so that one couple could complete all the moves, they were very challenging. We moved all of our rugs out of the way and danced two sessions. I didn't realize how rusty I was after not dancing for three months. The link below will open in a new window and show you how it works, to miss everyone getting ready skip ahead about 7 minutes.

Square dancing is slowly opening back up, Waco had their first dance tonight, a club in Dallas, one in Oklahoma and one in Arkansas have started back up. We have no idea how many people feel safe enough to participate but we will be waiting for a bit. It will be interesting to see how many dancers go back to dancing and how long it will take to get the dancers back up to speed.

Afterwards we watched an episode of Carnival Row. I finished watching The Brief. I started watching Trial & Retribution. It a British version of Law & Order. I did 24,000 steps.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth