Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Monday 6-15 Keeping Busy Having Fun

Just having fun

We spent the day having fun doing projects around the house. First we assembled the bird feeder and hung it from the back porch. The feeder looks great. 


Feeder hanging off the porch
 
The next project was making homemade hummingbird feeders. The other day we watched a YouTube video about building them. We went through our kitchen cabinet looking for short plastic containers. We found three of them to use, the containers were old sour cream containers with lids. This morning Larry drilled holes in the top of the lids. The center two holes were for us to put a tie through to lift the lid off to put the nectar in the container. The rest of the holes were for the hummingbirds to drink the nectar through. After the holes were drilled I took the lids outside and spray painted them, the colors I used were red, yellow and orange. While the lids were drying we sanded down the containers to remove the lettering on them. Next we waited for the paint to dry.


Homemade hummingbird feeders

Mounted with command strips

The hummingbird feeder with nectar in it

Larry also completed a computer project, while I was painting the lids he added a new drive to our main computer. He left the old drive in the computer so he could clone it to the new drive. The process went fast with no problems. The computer has a lot of memory and runs faster. 

After I painted the lids I did my daily challenges and The Event: Two Game Tango Mini. The event had 5 games of Spider and 5 games of Pyramid. It took me 29 minutes and 25 seconds, which put me in 20th position in my group.     

Yesterday, Larry ordered some bird seed from Walmart. While the paint was drying we went to town to pick up the seed and a couple other items. While Larry went into Walmart I went to the UPS Store to get the mail, yep, we are still wearing masks. When we got home I put some of the bird feed in the feeder.

In the afternoon Larry read and I took a nap. When I woke up I worked on my puzzle.

After dinner we watched three episodes of Grantchester. Then I watched the 16th and 17th season of Trail & Retribution. I started the 18th season of Trail & Retribution. I needed up doing 26,000 steps, which put me in third place in my group.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth