Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, March 30, 2023

Wednesday 3-29-23 Dance Day

 

Dreary Day

A front came in last night around 11:00 pm and at 6: am it was still raining. The rain went away but the clouds stayed around. It was cool all day.

Larry spent the day reading. I danced most of the day.

In between the dances I played games. Before going to bed I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. Before the first dance I played the event, which was Event: Spider Mini of 5 games. It took me 11 minutes and 24 seconds, which put me in 15th place in my group. Then I played Angry Birds. 

Playing Angry Birds

I played the weekly challenge Harlem Globetrotter on Tour. I still didn't get a new high score.

First dance was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly Plus at 10:00 am for an hour. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips to 12 participants. They did an excellent job of calling and kept us dancing. Di called a few complex four couple moves. When she did this she would cue us through it. They dance with us so it makes it easier to see where we should be. I had a great time dancing with friends.

Second was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 at 11:00 for an hour. Dayle called five tips, which were two two couple tips of A1, two two couple tips of A2 and one four couple tip to 8 participants. He put us in challenging positions and called very steady. If we had problems he waited before calling the next move. He waited for us to figure the move out if we couldn't he told us the formation and where we should be. Larry danced with me and we had a super time dancing to Dayle and with friends.

Third was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 at 1:00 for an hour and fifteen minutes. Ett called five tips to 20 participants. She doesn't do as much cueing as the other callers but she helps if you need it by calling the sequence again if requested. I did pretty good and had fun dancing with friends.

Fourth was Dave Eno's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. Karin Rabe and Greg Moore helped Dave call the A2 tips. The format was two C1 tips, five A2 tips and one C1. Dave called the three C1 tips to 7 participants. The second tip Dave introduced us to a couple of calls, which were Single Recycle and Single Recoil. It was fun learning the moves. During the A2 tips Greg Moore and Karin Rabe called two tips together, Dave called two tips and the fifth tip all three took turns calling to 10 participants. I had fun dancing with friends.

Square dancing with friends

After Ett's dance I worked on the jigsaw puzzle for a couple of hours. I want to get it done before going on our trip.

After Dave's dance we watched an episode of Poirot. Then I watched Pollyanna on Disney. It was a 1960 movie starring Hayley Mills as Pollyanna and Jane Wyman as her aunt. It was about an orphan girl who goes to live with her wealthy aunt and changes the people in the small town with her positive attitude. It was a good movie. Then I started the 2nd season of  Hinterland. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth