Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Tuesday 3-14-23 Dancing & Playing Games

 

We had another cool day. It got to 56 degrees.

 I started the day by making pancakes for breakfast.

Afterwards I played games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong before going to bed. Today's event was Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 26 minutes and 52 seconds, which put me in 6th place in my group. I played Angry Birds 2 and Angry Birds and Friends.

Larry installed a fan, switch and 6-Port USB Hub in the arcade machine. He believes he is done with the hardware aspects. He is also done with all the system software pieces so now the only changes would be to add more games. Over time he may install a few more arcade games. He will install more pinball games, he is mainly interested in installing games that he doesn't plan to install on the big pinball machine. Variety is nice.

I attended Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly A2 dance at 11:00 for an hour. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips to 11 participants. Di worked on Split Transfer and Turn and Deal. They worked on moves going to the left and right. I had a super time.

Square dancing with friends

In the afternoon I played games on the arcade machine and the pinball machine. On the arcade machine I played a couple of arcade games (Alpine Ski and Bank Panic), a couple of Fruit games (Lotty Time and Jolly Taverner) and a couple of pinball games (Spider Man and Diner). The arcade games are a lot harder to play than they look. Alpine Ski is a skiing game and it was hard to keep the skier from crashing. Bank Panic is where you have to shoot the bad guy who comes out of a door before he shots you. Diner is a cute pinball games about a diner and the characters order a meal. I played a few games on the pinball machine. They were Tales of the Arabian Nights, Batman and Tron 2021. I played Tron and didn't do too good. I'm having a ball playing games. Larry played a few games.

Lotty Time

 

Jolly Taverner

 

Diner

In the evening we watched a movie on Freevee called News of the West. It was about a Civil War veteran (Tom Hanks) agrees to deliver a young girl (Helena Zengel), who was kidnapped by the Kiowa people to her uncle and aunt. It was a good movie about the journey across Texas. Afterwards I watched The Princess Dairies on Disney. The movie starred Julie Andrews, Anne Hathaway, Hector Elizondo and Caroline Goodall. It was about a fifteen year old girl Anne Hathaway), who finds out she's a princess and had to learn how to be one from her grandmother (Julie Andrews). I watched a couple of episodes of Line of Duty. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.


  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth