Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, March 27, 2023

Sunday 3-26-23 Minnie Project, Ett McAtee, Games & Dancing

 

Spring Day

We had another gorgeous spring day. The birds were chirping and the sun was shining. It got up to 80 degrees.

I started the day out by playing games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Medium Mayhem Mini of 5 games. It took me 18 minutes and 44 seconds, which put me in 34th place in my group. It was a sad day for Solitaire. Then I played some Angry Birds. I did a few games of Sudoku. 

I started the new weekly challenge of pinball, which is Harlem Globetrotters on Tour. It is a 1979 Bally table. My high score for the day was 156,610. Then I played Iron Man on the pinball machine. Afterwards I moved over to the arcade machine. I played an arcade game called Tapper. It was where you had to fill mugs full of beer before the glass falls on the floor. It's hard but fun. I played a couple of fruit (slots) games, Bar-X 7even and Andy Capp. I liked the Andy Capp game because it paid out better.

Harlem Globetrotters high score

Bar-X 7even

Tapper

Larry spent the afternoon tuning up the Minnie. When it is starts after sitting or cooling down it has taken to idling rough for about 30 seconds, then it smooths out. This happened a year or so ago and after adding some fuel additive the problem disappeared. The last time we filled it Larry again put in some additive, we then drove it on a short camping trip where we only started it once. We planned to do more camping and figured we would see if the additive helped. Well, Texas weather had other ideas and we never got to go on another trip and we promptly forgot all about the idle issue until we started it yesterday at the storage center when it once again started up running rough. Larry certainly doesn't want to travel with it if it is not running perfectly. 

A year or so ago he was ordering some parts from Rock Auto (you can get factory replacement parts from them for much less than the local parts places) and knowing he would need to tuneup the Minnie in the future he ordered all the tuneup parts. It really isn't due for a tuneup but since he already had the parts and it was not running correctly he decided it was time. If he could not fix the problem we would have to take it to a repair shop. He replaced the eight spark plugs, distributor cap, rotor, PCV Valve and fuel filter, he had replaced the air filters last fall and they still looked like new so he didn't change them. While working on it he also checked every vacuum line he could find for leaks and re-tightened all the hoses going to the emission systems air pump. After returning from our trip last fall he did some major maintenance on the front of the engine that required removing of that pump along with lots of other things. After letting it sit for a couple of hours we took it for a ride, it started up and ran great. We won't know for sure if the problem is fixed until we start it in the morning but we are optimistic. 

Great news,,,, Larry started it at about 6:30 this morning (Monday) and it ran perfect. What a relief.

Tuning up the Minnie

I attended a special program on Zoom, which was put on by Joe Uebelacker called Callers in Cars Getting a Drink. He interviews a different caller every week at 4:00 eastern time. This week it was Ett McAtee. I logged on along with 33 other people. It was a very good interview and I learned a little bit about Ett and her square dancing and calling life. 

Joe Uebelacker

 

Ett McAtee

In the evening I attended Loren Smith's Weekly A2/C1 dance at 7:30 for an hour and a half. He called three A2 tips with 14 participants, two C1 Teach with 13 participants and one C1 with 13 participants. He worked on Interlock Diamonds. I had a great time dancing to Loren and with friends.

After the dance we watched an episode of Poirot. Then I watched The Ugly Dachshund on Disney. It was about a Great Dane that thought he was a Dachshund because he was raised with a husband and wife who loved Dachshunds. It was made in 1966 and was very cute. Then I watched an episode of Hinterland. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which put me in 4th place for the week with 191,207 steps. 


 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth