Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, March 4, 2023

Friday 3-3-23 Errands, Dancing & Wildlife

 

Put on your dancing shoes and dance

We had a beautiful day with sunshine. 

Before going to bed I looked on the security camera in the backyard and saw a few deer bedded down. They hadn't done this in a long time, it was nice to see. 

Last year we watched a couple of birds build a nest in our birdhouse. About the time the nest was finished one of the birds disappeared. The other bird hung around for weeks, it would fly up and perch on the birdhouse and chirp for the other one. It finally gave up. Larry was going to clean the nest out of the house because he had read birds seldom reuse nests and other birds will not use a nest they did not build. Last week a pair of birds showed up and checked out the house and nest. Today we saw them adding more stuff to the nest. I guess they're going to reuse the nest after all. Helpfully we will see babies this year.

It's always a pleasure to watch wildlife. It makes me smile and feel good.

I played the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. I did the event, which was Event: Pyramid Mini of 5 games. It took me 9 minutes and 30 seconds to complete, which put me in 13th place in my group. I played some pinball.

Larry spent the morning working on my new weekly challenge, it starts on Sunday. This week the game is Batman. It was challenging to download and make it work. Once he installed Batman we played it a bit. It's fun.

Our car insurance was coming due so Larry renewed the policy and printed out the cards. While he was putting the new cards in the Equinox he noticed the registration was expired, it was due last October. He has no idea how he missed it and was quite surprised, he is normally very observant with things like that. About 11am we went to Valvoline to get it inspected but it was very busy so we passed it by and went to Freddy's for lunch. We hadn't been there in a long time. We shared a Patty Melt and a Turtle Sundae. They were delicious. On the way home Valvoline was still busy so we went home.

   
Having lunch

In the afternoon we went back to Valvoline and got the car inspected. It took awhile because they were busy and the vehicles in front of us were getting more than an oil change. After getting the car inspected we went to downtown Belton and renewed the plates. It was also busy but their new system got us through pretty fast. Now the car is due in March instead of October. 


Getting the car inspected

In the evening I attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2 dance at 6:30 for an hour and fifteen minutes. Loren Smith covered for her because she had a commitment someplace else. Loren called fours tips of A2 to 13 participants and one tip of C1 to 12 participants. I had a fun evening dancing to Loren and with friends.

 

After the dance we finished watching the first season of The Frankenstein Chronicles. It got weird and dark at the end. I probably will watch the second season just to give me something to watch after Larry goes to bed. When Larry went to bed I watched Dumbo, it was redone in 2019. It starred Danny DeVito as the circus owner. It was very good. Afterwards I watched a couple of episodes of Luther. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which kept me in 2nd place in my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth