Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Monday 3-20-23 Spring Cleaning, Dancing & Errands

 


Spring is in the air

We had another cool day with the temperatures in the high 50s. 

We started the day out by attending Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly C1 dance at 10:00 for an hour and fifteen minutes. Di called the first four tips to 17 participants and the last tip had 10 participants. She worked on Tally Ho. She did a lot of cueing to make sure the dancers are in the right place. Larry and I had a great time dancing with friends.


Our spare bedroom has gotten a bit out of control. While it is setup as a bedroom we tend to use it to store stuff we don't often use or don't use at all. It has stuff all over the place and the closet looked like a cyclone hit it. We spent part of the day cleaning it. 

Larry likes to keep the boxes for many of the electronic types of things we purchase and he stores them on the bookshelves in that room. He went through those boxes and decided what to keep and what to get rid of. There are also quite a number of books on those shelves. Most were books we had read and really liked, we thought we would read them again so we kept them. Years ago we switched to reading on our Kindles and have not read a physical book since. Larry bagged all the books so we could donate them to the Temple library for their book sale.

While Larry worked on the bookshelves I worked on the closet. For years I had put jigsaw puzzles together. Once I put them together I put them in the closet. I have 26 puzzles stored on the closet shelves. On Facebook Larry had seen a jigsaw puzzle swap group in Belton/Temple. He found out we knew a couple of people who participate in it. So he will e-mail our friends to see if they are interested in the puzzles. If not we'll offer them to others in the group or donate them to some other place. One of the requirements for the group is that all the pieces be bagged or all the edges of the box be taped to prevent pieces from falling out of the box, so I bagged the pieces, taped the boxes and put them in a box. I also boxed up our Christmas outfits and Larry put them in the garage for storage. I threw stuff away and straightened out the rest. So far the closest looks good. I hope to finish it tomorrow.

After working on the bedroom we went to town. While driving to town we saw a lot of bluebonnets along the side of the road. We're having a great year of bluebonnets. The bluebonnets have come out early this year. 

First we stopped at Best Buy to recycle an old printer that had been stored in the bedroom. Next we went to the library and donated our books. Last stop was the Dollar Tree to buy some gallon bags for the puzzle pieces.

 

 

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Medium Mayhem of 27 games. It took me 1 hour, 38 minutes and 37 seconds, which put me in 10th place in my group. I played some Angry Birds. I played Scared Stiff but didn't get a new high score.

In the evening we watched Avengers: Endgame. Then I watched Moana on Disney. Moana is a computer generated movie starring Auli'i Cravalho as Moana and Dwayne Johnson as Maui. It was about a young girl Moana, who travels the ocean with Maui to save her village. Maui is a Demigod. It was a good movie. Then I started the 1st season of Suspect on Britbox. It is a detective series. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 2nd place, this is a good start for the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth