Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, March 13, 2023

Sunday 3-12-23 Day Light Saving, Mowing, Dancing & Playing Games

 

Daylight Saving 

Before going to bed I set the manual clock forward because daylight saving time starts today in the United States. At the end of the month the U.K. starts it. This makes a difference to us because of our virtual square dancing. 

I started the day off by having breakfast. 

The grass in the far back of the backyard is getting tall so after breakfast I decided to mow. The temperature was 60 degrees and there was a breeze. It was a perfect temperature to mow. Larry had to add oil and gas to the mower. It took him a few pulls to get the mower to start.  There was a section where the grass was very high and hard to mow. That area is where the septic system sprays. About 2/3 of the way through mowing Larry refilled the gas tank so I wouldn't run out of gas. I couldn't get all the way to the neighbor's fence so Larry came out with the weedeater. He also treated for fire ants. It took me an hour and a half to mow.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong. The event today was Event: Spider Adventure of 20 games. It took me 3 hours, 32 minutes and 53 seconds, which put me in 15th place in my group. 

I played Angry Birds and Friends and Angry Birds 2. When I play Angry Birds and Friends I play the events, which is two events. The events change every other day. One of the events ends tonight I'm doing ok in it but I gave up on one of the games because I couldn't get rid of all the pigs. I worked on that game for many hours so I gave up. I still came in 29th and earned gold bird coins. If you have 30 coins you can spin the wheel to win a helping hand in solving the games. I enjoy Angry Birds a lot.

Playing Angry Birds

I ended up attending two virtual square dances. First was Ett McAtee's Weekly C Series at 1:00 for an hour and fifteen minutes. This week Ett decided to call C1 because she had to cancel her Wednesday C1 dance. She called five tips to 19 participants. I attended the dance by myself. She cued us through moves that were hard to see virtually. I had a great time dancing to Ett and with friends.

Second was Loren Smith's Weekly A2/C1 at 7:30 for an hour and a half. He called three tips of A2 to 12 participants, two tips of C1 teach to 10 participants and two tips of C1 to 9 participants. I attended it by myself. It is always a pleasure to dance to Loren because he is so laid back. I had a lot of fun dancing with friends.

Square dancing with friends

Larry kept busy adding games to his arcade machine. He added Dolly, Elvis and two Rolling Stones pinball games. He also added an arcade game called Ice Cold Beer. The new Rolling Stones game has Mick Jagger sliding across the stage and the Elvis game has Elvis shaking his hips, it also has a cute hound dog that jumps up and down. In Ice Cold Beer the object is to get a ball in a particular hole. It's harder than it looks. I had fun playing the games.

Elvis

Ice Cold Beer

Rolling Stones old table

 


 Rolling Stone new table

I also played the weekly challenge, which is Tron 2020. The table is based on the first Tron movie, Tron: The Original. The playfield is very nice and looks more like an old table. I got the high score of 214,200.

The newer version of Tron

 

This weeks Tron challenge

After Larry went to bed I watched The Parent Trap on Disney. Then I finished up watching The Frankenstein Chronicles. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group for the week with 193,149 steps.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth