Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, November 1, 2021

Sunday 10-31 Happy Halloween!!!

 

Happy Halloween

We love this time of the year, the morning temperatures are in the 40s and 50s and the highs are in the 60s and 70s. It's perfect weather for walking, hiking and camping. We don't camp in the summer because its too hot.

This morning we went for another walk. I wanted to do some grocery shopping at Walmart so we stopped by Crossroads Park and walked the trail by the baseball diamonds, tennis courts and new homes being built. This week we walked the opposite direction for about a half hour. We started by the playground where we saw a couple swinging their baby, their two dogs were waiting patiently. One of the dogs wasn't that patient, it really wanted to go on a hike. We were almost back to the car when we saw the family walking the trail. One dog was on leash and the other was off leash and was very well trained. The baseball fields and batting cages were being used. We had a fantastic walk at Crossroads.

 

Crossroads playground

On the way home we stopped by Walmart. It was fairly busy, I don't know why I drag Larry to Walmart on a Sunday morning. There's no excuse because we're retired, we can go anytime or we could have them delivered.

 

  
Grocery shopping

After lunch we started back on building new shelves. Larry assembled the shelves using a pneumatic staple gun. I primed the shelves. After a couple of hours they were tacky so we have to wait until tomorrow to paint them. 

 

Before Priming

 

After Priming

I did my Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges and the Event: Spider Mini of 10 games. It took me 2 hours, 8 minutes and 28 seconds, which put me in 23rd place in my group.

In the evening I set up the rest of my Halloween decorations: a witch, ghost and a jack-o-lantern that sings. Unfortunately we didn't have any trick or treaters. Now we will have to eat the candy ourselves.

We finished watching the 6th season of Vera and started the 7th season. Then I watched a couple of movies on Amazon, they were On Golden Pond and The Odd Couple. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group with 188,319 for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth