Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, November 15, 2021

Sunday 11-14 Pickle Day Dance & More Polishing

 

National Pickle Day

November 14th is National Pickle Day, to celebrate Ett McAtee held a Pickle Day Dance from 1:00 to 3:15. She invited Di Green from England, Tony Collingwood from England, Barry Clasper from Canada and Bill Van Melle from California to help call the dance. The dance was multi C levels, C1, C2, C3a and C3b. I attended the dance by myself and stayed in the C1 breakout room because I don't dance the other levels. Di started the dance with two C1 tips with 58 participants. During the tips she called four couples moves. Then we broke into different levels breakout rooms. I danced two tips to Di Green, Barry Clasper and Bill Van Melle. In the C1 breakroom we had between 23 to 26 participants. In between the tips Dawn a dancer from Canada did some pickle jokes they were pretty corny. We have been dancing with Dawn ever since we started virtual square dancing and she is very friendly and nice. This was the first time I ever danced to Bill Van Melle and he is a very good caller. I didn't get an opportunity to dance to Tony because he was calling the other levels of C. We have danced to him during our Sundancers Tape Group on Thursdays. He is very good but more complex and a bit harder to understand. I had a super time dancing to Di, Barry and Bill and with friends.

 

Barry Clasper

 

Di Green

 

Bill Van Melle

 

Ett McAtee

 

Tony Collingwood

 

The second dance we attended was Loren Smith's Weekly A2/C1 at 7:30. Loren called three A2 tips with 19 participants, one C1 Teach tip with 18 participants and two C1 tips with 14 participants. During the C1 teach tip Loren taught Two Thirds Recycle and One Third Recycle. He also reviewed the calls he already taught. We had a great time.


Larry was back polishing the Minnie. His pads for his polisher are about 15 years old, two of them fell apart and his other ones were disintegrating. He checked Harbor Freights website to see if they had any. They had some in stock but he could order a pack of five from Amazon for the price as two from Harbor Freight. He ordered the pack but he needed one now so off to Harbor Freight we went. Their pads were different and much harder then he normally uses but he needed one and who knows they might be better.

After lunch Larry was back polishing the Minnie. I didn't join him because I went to the Pickle Day Dance. He has one side left to polish, however, the sun was shinning on that side so he will do it early in the day or he will have to turn the motor home around. He started waxing the other side. So in the end it is partly polished and partly waxed. He thinks it will take him a couple of more days to finish. It's looking great.

I did my Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges and the Event: Hard Road Mini of 5 games. It took me 35 minutes and 14 seconds, which put me in 27th place in my group. I did some Sudoku games.

After Loren's dance we watched the 6th episode of the Royall Flying Doctor Service on PBS. Then I started to watch the second season of Death In Paradise. I ended up doing 25,500 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group for the week with 189,093 steps. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth