Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, November 5, 2021

Thursday 11-4 Dancing, Crafting and Housework

 

Sunny Day

The rain left early this morning and the sun came out. It was a gorgeous day with the temperatures in the high 50s. 

It was perfect weather for the wildlife. We hadn't since cardinals on the porch for weeks but they returned today.

 

Cardinal enjoying the food

We attended two virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 at 11:00. He called five tips: four two couples tips with 15 participants and one four couples tip with 12. It's a pleasure dancing with Dayle because he's always joking around and so laid back. He is excellent at seeing all the dancers and helpful when needed. Because the dancers have been virtual dancing for over 18 months he can put us in more complex positions and call like its a live dance. We had a wonderful hour of dancing to Dayle and friends.

Second was Jeremy Butler's Weekly A2/C1 at 6:00. He called four A2 tips with the third one a four couples tips and one C1 tip with four couples moves put in now and then. During the A2 two couples tips we had 11 participants, the A2 four couples tip we had 10 and the C1 tip we had 9. We had a small group but had a super time dancing to Jeremy and with friends.

I did my Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Spider and 5 Tri Peaks). It took me 2 hours, 9 minutes and 36 seconds to complete, which put me in 30th place in my group. I also did some Star Club games and Sudoku games.

Larry made another turkey, it came out beautiful.

He also hung the shelves for his crafting. He put three shelves in the dining room/crafting room, one above the back door and one in the second bath. They look great. He's thinking about making a few more. They are hung using command strips so they can easily be removed without damage to the walls, of course you wouldn't want to put too much weight on them but they are not very large so that will not be a problem.

 

A beautiful turkey

Gobble Gobble

 

Shelves in the dining room

 

Above the back door

 

In the bathroom

While Larry was crafting I did housework. I cleaned the bathrooms, vacuumed the house, washed the kitchen floor and laundry.

 

Having fun cleaning the house

Awhile back I wrote that Larry bought me a cordless vacuum cleaner. I love it, it makes vacuuming a lot easier. I don't have to worry about the cord retracting back into its canister and I don't have worry about the cord not being long enough. The attachments are very easy to remove and put on. The vacuum itself is very light. The only problem I still have is when I remove the canister and clean it I have problems putting it back on. I normally have to ask Larry for his help. Today I was proud of myself, I did it all by myself. I remembered what Larry told me about lining the notches up.

 

The cordless vacuum

In the evening we watched a movie on IMDb TV called The Road To Wellville. It was a 1994 movie about an unusual health club. It was a comedy drama. Then I started the second season of Missing on Acorn. I ended up doing 28,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.

  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth