Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, November 11, 2021

Wednesday 11-10 Dance Day, Crafting & Gift


Get a partner and dance

We had another beautiful day with the high in the mid 70s.

We started the day off going to Ponders Fleet Service to pick up the Minnie. They replaced the power steering pump and checked the rear breaks. The Minnie now has close to 140,000 miles and the rear breaks are still original. Larry has replaced the front breaks twice.

We attended four virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Plus at 10:00. Di and Terry took turns calling five tips with 18 participants. Di and Terry work very well as a team. I attended the dance by myself. I had a fun hour of dancing to Di and Terry and with friends.

Second was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A1/A2 at 11:00. Dayle called two A1 two couples tips and two A2 two couples tips with 22 participants and one four couples tip with 20 participants. We were pleasantly surprised to see our friends Char and Glenn form Sun City. We hadn't seen them in awhile. We pinned them so we can see where we should be. We had a wonderful hour of dancing with friends and Dayle.

Third was Ett McAtee's Weekly C1 Workshop at 1:00. I attended by myself. I hadn't been to this session in a very long time but she no longer does the C1 workshop on Monday nights. Once again Char and Glenn were there so I could pin them, they are excellent dancers and I can see where I should be. Ett called four tips with 21 participants. Ett worked on Tally Ho from Waves & Lines, Stretch Recycle and Siamese Concepts. I broke down now and then but had fun.

Fourth was Dave Eno and Dave Hutchinson's Weekly C1/A2 at 6:30 for two hours. The dance started out with two C1 tips with 10 participants. Then five A2 tips with 11 participants. The last tip was a C1 with 9 participants. Both Daves did a great job calling. Larry and I had a great time.  

While I danced Larry worked on Christmas cards and got his Thanksgiving cards ready to be mailed.

I did my Daily Challenges in Solitaire and Mahjong and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Spider and 5 Free Cell).

While our neighbor Jason was building his home we helped him out with power and water along with anything else that we could. They wanted to thank us so they bought us a indoor tree and gift card for The Home Depot. Very nice of them.

 

Thank you gift from Jason and his family

After the last dance we watched an episode of Vera. Then I finished watching the 23rd season of Silent Witness. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth