Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Monday, November 22, 2021

Sunday 11-21 Home Maintenance & Relaxing

 

Relaxing Sunday

We had a relaxing day hanging around the house.

After we got back from our trip we had a lot of ants around the house and some of them found their way inside. Larry treated the entire outside of the house and the yards and our ant problem disappeared. That was probably five weeks ago and yesterday we saw some in the kitchen. Larry looked all around the exterior of the house and found no sign of ant activity but he went ahead and treated the side of the house the kitchen is on. We think they may have come in on the bird/squirrel feeders. Every night I bring in the feeder and the bowels and store them on the kitchen counter, if I leave them outside the raccoons and other animals make a mess on the back porch. When we had pets we started not using insecticides inside the house and even now we try not to use any indoors.

Larry noticed that one of our toilets was letting a bit of water seep into the bowel so he ordered a replacement flapper ball and today he replaced it. These toilets are over 7 years old and this is the first time he has had to do anything to them. We are on the city of Temple water and we have had very little problems with hard water buildup. This is probably why we have had no plumbing issues.

Larry worked on paper crafting while I played games. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and the Event: Tri Peaks Mini of 5 games. It took me 10 minutes and 21 seconds, which put me in 15th place in my group. I did some Sudoku games. 

We attended one virtual square dance, which was Loren Smith's Weekly A2/C1 at 7:30. He changed up the dance a little bit. He called two A2 tips with 14 participants, one A2 tip with C1 moves with 13 participants, one C1 Teach tip with 13 participants and two C1 tips with 8 participants. Loren noticed that most of the dancers were C1 dancers or are learning C1 so he decided to review the C1 moves, that he already taught in the third A2 tip. During the C1 teach tip he introduced the dancers to Step and Fold. Don Moger showed up to say hi, which was a pleasant surprise. We had a great time.

After the dance I worked out with Just Dance for a half hour. After Larry went to bed I finished watching the 5th season of Death In Paradise. I ended up doing 26,500 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group for the week with 188,884. I missed 1st place by 300 steps. 

 

Working out 


    

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth