Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, November 26, 2021

Thursday 11-25 Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!! I'm very thankful for everything in my life. I've got a great life and very happy. I also have a super family and friends.

The weather today was cool with a brisk wind out of the north. 

I got up a little early to start the Thanksgiving feast preparation. Yesterday I did some preparation and I was glad because I was busy all morning. I put the turkey in the oven at 7:45. It was suppose to bake for 2.5 to 3 hours but through experience it usually takes longer. The button hadn't popped by 12:30 but the meat thermometer said it was ready so I took it out of the oven. While the turkey was cooking I made a relish tray with ham, pepper jack cheese cubes, sweet pickles and olives, celery with peanut butter, deviled eggs, mash potatoes, stuffing, egg noodles and homemade cornbread muffins. Louise brought a pecan pie and chocolate oatmeal haystack cookies. She arrived with Alice at 10:30. It's always a pleasure to have her visit and celebrate Thanksgiving with us. 

 

Ready to eat

When I woke up Larry was already awake and working on the new computer. After Louise left Larry continued working on the computer.

I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and the Event: Easy Street Mini of 15 games. It took me 45 minutes and 1 second to complete, which put me in 24th place in my group. Then I did some Sudoku games.

In the evening we bought a James Bond movie off Amazon called Skyfall and watched it. We could have rented it for less but since we now own it we will probably watch it a few times. Afterward we watched YouTube videos. When Larry went to bed I finished watching the 7th season of Death In Paradise. I ended up doing 27,600 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth