Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Tuesday 11-16 Dancing, New Doctor and Continuing Minnie Project

 

Hold on tight

We had a windy day with the temperatures in the mid 70s. At the house it got to 78 degrees. The wind kept it cool. It was a pretty  with a lot of sunshine.

Larry had a doctor's appointment at 8:00 am for his annual Wellness check up. Should be annual but it was almost three years since his last one, of course Covid delayed many things. Since this was our first year with a new insurance company he also got a new doctor. He really likes the doctor but the wait time to get into see him or any GP in the Scott and White network is abysmal. The onsite lab took a blood sample and before the day was over he got an email saying the results were posted online. That was really quick. Everything looked great.

On the way home he stopped by The UPS Store and picked up a package and the mail. The package was our Christmas gifts and a couple of goodies from his Aunt Barbara. He stopped by Valvoline Oil Change to get the truck inspected. Due to Covid they have made inspections quicker and easier, it appears they only check your lights and turn signals, you don't even get out of the car. On the way back to the house he bought a couple of donuts at Top Donuts.

While he was gone I played games and vacuumed the house.

I did the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges and the Event: Tri Peaks Mini of 10 games. It took me 30 minutes and 19 seconds to complete, which put me in 11th place in my group.   

We attended three virtual square dances. First was Di Green and Terry McCann's Weekly A1/A2 at 10:00. This week Di and Terry were traveling so Di asked Ett McAtee to call for them. Ett called four tips with 16 participants. A dancer was having problems with box recycle so Ett workshopped it. I attended the dance by myself and had a great time dancing to Ett and with friends.

Second was Dayle Hodge's Weekly Plus/DBD at 11:00. Dayle called three Plus tips with 13 participants, one DBD tip with 12 participants and one four couples tip with 11. Larry joined me. Even though Dayle separates the Plus and DBD tips he calls some DBD in the Plus tips. We had fun dancing to Dayle and with friends.

Third, Dave Eno and Dave Hutchinson put on a special A2 dance at 6:30. They called 7 tips with 8 participants. They took turns calling the first 6 tips and called the last tip together. Each tip they called separately they introduced us to a move we don't and after the tip they asked if they made the move up are is it from caller lab. The dance was a lot of fun because we had to remember the moves throughout the dance. I attended the dance by myself, Larry was tired after working on the Minnie all afternoon. Dave Eno and Dave Hutchinson did a great job of calling.


Larry continued working on the Minnie. I worked on my annual book. I did some Sudoku games.

After the last dance we watched the second episode of the fifth season of Vera. Then I started watching the third season of Death In Paradise. I ended up doing 27,500 steps, which put me in 2nd plac in my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth