Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, October 31, 2021

Saturday 10-30 5K Zombie Run and Shelf Project

Walking Nolan Creek Trail

We woke to a brisk morning with the temperature in the 40s so we decided to go for a walk.

We haven't walked Nolan Creek Trail in awhile so off to Belton we went. We parked at Yettie Polk Park. We walked for about an hour for 2.5 miles. When we got there we were surprised to see a lot of people using the trail and there were water stations setup along the trail. When we got to the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, Larry asked what was going on. One of the volunteer said the Belton New Tech Zombie Run was starting at 9:00. It starts at Liberty Park and the finish there for a total of 5K. People either run as people or dressed up as a zombie. Awards are given to the top three male and female zombies and top three male and female human finishers. The proceeds from the run goes back into the community to help pay for flu shots as well as COVID relief. The runners and walkers are of all ages. We said hi to the participants, who were running, walking and pushing strollers. At the drink stations volunteers handed out water and cheered the runners on. Some of the volunteers were dressed up as zombies. We had a great time walking with the participants in the run.

On the way home we stopped by the Heart of Texas Goodwill Store. We hadn't been in there in a long time, Larry wanted to replace some of his heavier shirts. Larry found a couple shirts. The employees were dressed up in Halloween costumes. The girl checking us out had a knife through her head. It was great to see this.

 

Larry's new shirts

A few days ago I mentioned that Larry wanted to build shelves for some of his paper projects. We purchased the wood a week or so ago but his elbow was still bothering him so he waited until this week. He cut the shelves to size using his miter saw. Then he cut the trim. I helped by holding the the boards and trim while he cut them. He wants to hang the shelves using Command strips. In order to do this he milled grooves in the trim. Next he sanded the boards and trim. Next up will be assembling and paint.

 

Cutting the shelves

 

Sanding

I did the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges and the Event: Free Cell Mini of 5 games. It took me 18 minutes and 56 seconds, which put me in 26th place in my group. 

For awhile in the Star Club section of Microsoft Solitaire Collection the Tri Peaks games didn't work. But today I decided to see if Microsoft fixed the problem. I was pleasantly surprised they did so I played some Tri Peaks games.

 

I can play Tri Peak games again

In evening we attended the Saturday Night Fever Dance with Don Moger and Dayle Hodge. They called three A2 tips with 41 participants, 2 tips of class level C1 with 37 participants and one tip of C1 with 30 participants. I dressed up with black pants, black blouse with my Halloween vest and an orange hat. A few other dancers wore Halloween outfits. We had a super time dancing with friends.

After the dance we watched an episode of Vera. When Larry went to bed I watched a couple of movies on Amazon. I watched the original Cinderella from 1965 and the animation edition of The King And I from 1999. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group.

   

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth