Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Saturday, November 27, 2021

Friday 11-26 Black Friday & More

 

Today was Black Friday, which is traditionally the start of the Christmas shopping season in the U.S. 

Yesterday, Larry went online to check if there was a good deal on AA and AAA batteries. Most years we stock up on Black Friday. He found The Home Depot had a good deal on them but the flyer showed they actually went on sale the 14th so he wasn't sure there would be any left. We took a chance and went there this morning. He was right, they were out of them.

On the way home we stopped at Crossroads Park to go for a walk. We walked for 40 minutes. It was a little chilly. We were the only ones parked in the parking lot. We started the walk by ourselves but by the time we were halfway around the park people from the neighborhood showed up. We met a very friendly golden retriever. After saying hi to the dog we continued our walk and they went for a run. We had a great walk.

 

Welcome to Crossroads Park

Larry continues setting up the new computer. 

I did the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges and the Event: Medium Mayhem Mini of 5 games. It took me 14 minutes and 39 seconds, which put me in 21st place in my group. Then I did some Sudoku games.

After lunch Larry made reservations at Buescher State Park for four nights starting Sunday. So I started getting the Minnie ready to go. I had to clean the interior because I didn't do this when we got home from the last trip. I used the new vacuum cleaner, which worked excellent. I also loaded some clothes in it for our trip.

Larry participates in The Home Depot Seeds Program and this month he choose a Carro Smart Ceiling Fan. It arrived and has been sitting in the garage. He decided to install it in the second bedroom. At first he wasn't sure he liked it but once it was installed it looked great. The fan has five blades and a multiple speeds. It has electronic remote control that turns on and off the fan and light and works with Alexa. It came with extra hardware. Larry removed the old fan and assembled the new one. Once the fan and light was installed he played with the remote control to make sure it worked. It worked great and the fan moves a lot of air and moves very fast. You can adjust the brightness of the light using the remote control. The final step was to program the fan to work with Alexa. The light is very nice. 

 

Larry assembling the fan blades

Larry installing the smart fan

The old ceiling fan

 

The Smart Fan with the light on

 

The fan with the light off

I attended Ett McAtee's Weekly A2 dance at 6:30. She called four two couples tips of A2 with 23 participants, one four couples tip of A2 with 21 participants and one tip of class level C1 with 21 participants. I had fun dancing with friends and to Ett.

After the dance we finished watching the 7th season of Vera. I started to watch the 8th season of Death In Paradise. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 1st place in my group.

  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth