Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Friday, November 19, 2021

Thursday 11-18 Wildlife, Crafting and Dancing

 

We had a great day. A cold front rolled in overnight. The high today was in the low 60s with a breeze out of the north.

We started the day out by going to Walmart to do our Thanksgiving grocery shopping. We wanted to beat the crowd. We have noticed lately that some items are hard to keep in stock. But today we had no problem finding what we needed. 

 

Grocery shopping

We attended two virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly C1 at 11:00. He called four two couples tips with 15 participants and one four couples tip with 14. During the dance he worked on Triangles and Interlocking Diamonds. Dayle helped us out when we needed it by cueing where we should be. We had a great time.

Second was Jeremy Butler's Weekly A2/C1 at 6:00. Jeremy called three two couple A2 tips with 10 participants, one four couples A2 tip with 8 participants and one C1 tips with 6 participants. We had wonderful hour of dancing to Jeremy and with friends.

I did the Solitaire and Mahjong Daily Challenges and the Event: World Tour Mini of 10 games. It took me 1 hour, 36 minutes and 4 seconds, which put me in 29th place in my group. Then I did some Sudoku games.

In the late afternoon we saw some deer in the backyard. What caught our eye was a doe being chased by a buck. I guess it must be rutting season. At one time we saw three bucks and three does. We saw one of the bucks chase another away from a doe. I put bird seed at the base of a tree multiple times a day. Birds, squirrels, possums, raccoons, fox and even deer find there way to the base of that tree. Today I made sure the bucks were gone before I filled to bowl. Larry suggested that I should wait because you never know what behavior the deer will have during the rutting season.

 

One of the gorgeous bucks
 

After Jeremy's dance we watched two episodes of Vera, the last episode of the 5th season and started the 6th season. Then I started 4th season of Death In Paradise. I ended up doing 26,000 steps, which put me in 2nd place in my group.

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth