Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Saturday 11-13 Waxing the Minnie & Saturday Night Fever Dance

 

Happy Saturday

We had an outstanding day with a lot of sunshine. It started out in the 30's so we hung indoors.

Larry continued working on his Christmas cards. I did the Daily Challenges of Solitaire and Mahjong and the Event: Easy Street of 30 games. It took me 1 hour, 13 minutes and 44 seconds, which put me 24th place in my group. 

After lunch when it warmed up we went outside to wax the Minnie. We started in the back Larry waxed the back and he didn't like how it looked so he decided to polish it with rubbing compound. He had to do it a couple of times before he was satisfied. I helped him by using a sponge and wax and did under the ladder and places he couldn't reach. We worked on it for about 3 hours and we are still on the back. The sides are are much bigger but they are in better shape so hopefully they will go a bit faster.

 

Waxing the Minnie

Polishing the Minnie

We loaded into the truck and went to the UPS Store. A couple of weeks ago my niece Ashley was promoting a fund raiser for the radio station she and her husband works for. She had designed a tee shirt to sell for the fund raiser. Larry bought me one and donated some money. It and a package from the Seeds Program were at the UPS Store.

 

Tee shirt designed by Ashley

We attended Dayle Hodge and Don Moger's Saturday Night Fever dance at 6:00. Dayle was getting ready to call a live dance so he only had a half hour, he called the first A2 tip by himself, he and Don did the second A2 tip together. Don called two A2 tips and three C1 class level tips. During the A2 tips we had 36 participants and the C1 tips had 31. We had a great evening of dancing to Don and with friends.

After the dance we watched three episodes of Royal Flying Doctor Service on PBS. Then I finished watching the first season of Death In Paradise. I ended up doing 28,500 steps, which put me in 3rd place in my group. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth