Pictures From Jan-Jul 2023 - It's All About Having Fun!!

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Wednesday 5-5 Happy Cinco De Mayo

 

Happy Cinco de Mayo


Happy Cinco de Mayo. In the United States Cinco de Mayo is part of the Mexican culture and heritage. Cinco de Mayo is a minor holiday in Mexico that celebrates the Mexican army victory over France in 1862 at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War.

We had another beautiful day with the temperature at 80 degrees and sunshine. We hung around the house most of the day.

We started the day out by going to Walmart to pickup a prescription order for Larry but the dentist office had placed it in Killeen. They had to cancel that order and reorder it at our Walmart. We'll go back another day to pick it up. But we didn't leave empty handed we bought a salad. 

When we got home I did the Daily Challenge and the Event: Two Game Tango Mini of 10 games (5 Pyramid and 5 Free Cell). It took me 39 minutes and 57 seconds, which put me in 9th place in my group. While I was doing my games Larry worked on his card project.

We attended two virtual square dances. First was Dayle Hodge's Weekly A2 at 11:00. We had 36 participants. He called four two couples tips and one four couples tip. He is a great caller, he cues the whole dance and helps dancers get in the right place. We had a super time.

Second was Doren McBroom's Weekly A2/C1 at 6:15. Doren called four tips of A2 and four tips of C1. During the A2 tips we had 16 participants and the C1 tips we had 12. We had a small group but had a great evening of dancing with friends and to Doren.

 


Get a partner and dance

When we weren't dancing Larry continued working on his paper project and I read. We watched YouTube videos. After Dorens dance we watched two episodes of Crossing the Atlantic. Then I watched a few episodes of Star Trek: Voyager. I ended up doing 27,000 steps, which put me in 4th place in my group with 80,666 for the week.

 

Relaxing in front of the television


      

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear friendly comments on anything at all. Ruth